Anyone use cruise transfer TO Hon. airport?

Jetswdo

I did post this on NCL board. I was just wondering if anyone used ship transfer on disembarkation in Honolulu?

I will probably use Johnny cab or Roberts, but would consider (out of laziness) just using ship transfer straight to airport--

The one time I did this, out of Miami- it was not good.  Had to wait until bus filled up, a.c. was turned off, very uncomfortable-- so many cruises since,  haven't done cruise transfers.

Maybe it's ok in Honolulu?  Anyway, I am hoping someone who actually used ship transfer in this port will share experience on how it went.  Thanks, Anita

It is a toss up, just like Miami, and many other ports. You can pay less for a taxi or other private transport, or pay more for the possibility of sitting in a bus, waiting for it to fill up. It may go fast, or slow, but it will also probably make a couple of stops, rather than go direct to the terminal you are departing from. Perhaps the A/C may not be on.

I used the bus offered by Celebrity Cruise after doing a transpacific on the Millennium, I think I paid around $25.  The bus was sitting outside the door of the terminal, walked no more than 20 feet once I got outside.  I was dropped off at my airline with plenty of time before the flight home.  They probably use the same company, I don't remember the name, but it was not Roberts.  Once everyone was on board, it took about a half hour to get to the airport with traffic.

Just curious,  Plum Happy, whether you would use ship transfer again, in Honolulu, or use taxi, Roberts, Johnny cab, etc. Was AC on when you went on the bus, was it a long wait until bus was filled up?