Breakfast Buffet

cruisinaz

38 minutes ago, cabin4three said:

I remember a cruise breakfast buffet from many many years ago, our first Caribbean cruise.  The fresh fruit was amazing, perfect ripeness, papaya, mango, water melon, pineapple, peaches...  so many different fruits all at perfect ripeness and juicy and sweet.

We do get these fruits in UK but getting them at perfect ripeness is hit and miss, they are usually under or over ripe.  I ate a lot of fruit for breakfast :classic_biggrin:

Nothing better than fresh perfectly ripe tropical fruits -- especially pineapple!  

We were on Jewel a couple of weeks ago.  The Windjammer for breakfast and other meals had a very large selection of good foods.  Among the best selection we have encountered.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

Rice for breakfast is certainly better than grits.

But let us not forget the truly great baked beans on toast for brekkie.

Don't eat grits.  But, I like congee.    

Truly great baked beans are good anytime!!

Shoot, now I'm craving baked beans and it is your fault!!  😀😀😀

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Don't eat grits.  But, I like congee.    

Truly great baked beans are good anytime!!

Shoot, now I'm craving baked beans and it is your fault!!  😀😀😀

Now we’re talking breakfast, how about crispy corned beef hash with poached egg? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Now we’re talking breakfast, how about crispy corned beef hash with poached egg? 

Oh yeah, another good breakfast menu -- I can taste that now!  

Sadly, we are back home from our cruise and I don't have the dining options available we did a week ago.  Shucks!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, cruisinaz said:

I was just reading some reviews and there were your typical comments about the breakfast buffet just being ok.      

Have you you ever had a breakfast buffet that was absolutely amazing???

I have had some absolutely amazing buffets in some hotels, amazing selections and quality food.

I was just reading some reviews and there were your typical comments about the breakfast buffet just being ok.      

I have had some absolutely amazing buffets in some hotels, amazing selections and quality food.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:37 PM, cruisinaz said:

Yes -- but I don't know if anyone else would think it amazing.  I do because it was just what I wanted.  I don't like typical North American breakfast foods, but offer me some combination of great congee, smoked fish, and fresh fruit and I'm in heaven. 

I feel blessed to be able to take a cruise vacation;  so for me any buffet on a cruise ship would be amazing. All the choices they give you for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  I am amazed and a happy cruiser. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Best I ever had was at a Hotel in Honolulu/Waikiki.  Fresh tropical fruits & juices along with an extravagant breakfast spread.   Good stuff.   

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:58 PM, navybankerteacher said:

The white starch with fried eggs should be grits.

I eat grits.  I also eat rice for breakfast.

Being too stuck in your ways is boring. 😄

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The best ones I have had are in Asia.  US/UK breakfast items.  European breakfast items.  Asian breakfast items.  If you can't find something to eat, that is on YOU.

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The best ones I have had are in Asia.  US/UK breakfast items.  European breakfast items.  Asian breakfast items.  If you can't find something to eat, that is on YOU.

17 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The corned beef hash on Grandeur is about the worst thing on board.  Mushy, watery, and flavorless.

4 hours ago, SRF said:

Yes, one I was thinking of was in a Bangkok 5 star hotel, but there have been many.

7 hours ago, ldubs said:

Best I ever had was at a Hotel in Honolulu/Waikiki.  Fresh tropical fruits & juices along with an extravagant breakfast spread.   Good stuff.   

I also love the fresh fruit for breakfast, and especially mango and pineapple. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, one I was thinking of was in a Bangkok 5 star hotel, but there have been many.

Ritz Carlton in Guangzhou.  JW Marriott in Hong Kong.  JW Marriott in Kuala Lumpur.  Those have been the more recent ones with great breakfast.

Marriott in Frankfurt is not bad, if you like sausage. 😄

And YES to mango. 😄

Edited by SRF
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, cruisinaz said:

I've had breakfast buffets on land that were better than I was expecting, but amazing?  No.  Same with cruise buffets.  They've been fine, but I also don't have really high expectations.  It's breakfast.  It's a buffet.  I'm not sure what would make one noteworthy.

We can take or leave breakfast buffets on ships.  They are all much the same.  About the only one we bother with is on Celebrity..when they have a brunch buffet.  

Have to agree with others.  The absolute best breakfast buffets we have enjoyed were those at 4 and 5 star hotels in SE Asia.  Especially in Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.  So much fresh fruit..  along with some Masaman curry or some beef Randang.  Something very different and oh so fresh.

30 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm not much of a breakfast buffet person, but recently I found bread pudding in the breakfast buffet on the Royal Princess. Wow! That's all I need.

They usually have it there for lunch and dinners with vanilla sauce. Perhaps it was left over from the night before,