Adventure Charters BVI

Vineyard View

We have been looking to book a catamaran in our trip in October. I read a recent good review of Aristocat and I have reached out to them, however the person who is most responsive is Dee from Adventure Charters BVI. While there are not as many reviews, both here and on TA they are all excellent reviews. 

Anyone have any experience with Adventure?  My only concern is that (as they all do) required minimum is 10 people, and since we are the only ship in port that day, I don’t want to miss out on sailing. 

• 1 month later...

We moved forward with booking Adventure for Norman Island/snorkeling itinerary. We had trouble deciding between that and the Baths!  I am hopeful that we will have the minimum number of 10 prior to sailing. I suppose if we do not, we can cancel far enough in advance to switch to another charter and receive our deposit back. I just really liked the communication with Dee and feel they will be a good fit for a great day. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wish Adventure Charters would take individual reservations instead of a whole boat reservation of 10 people.  It's really hard even with the roll calls to get 10 people that will commit to renting the boat/captain for the day.  I'd love to use them but can't get enough other people. 

Well I am having the same Problem. However every private catamaran I contacted said the same thing, they have to have a minimum of people signed up. Ten was the smallest number. 

Have you found anyone who is not requiring this?  I would love to know and would contact them. We don’t want to be on a large cat with 50-60 passengers from a ship. Too crowded. To much happens that is not what we are looking for. Thank you 

• 1 month later...

Are you on your roll call for your sailing?  I’ve never had a problem with finding people to join an excursion. We sailed with Aristocat. We were able to book individually. It was a good day until the skies opened up. My only complaint was lunch was hot dogs and cold cuts. They ran out of some salads.  

8 hours ago, 2 cruzen said:

Are you on your roll call for your sailing?  I’ve never had a problem with finding people to join an excursion. We sailed with Aristocat. We were able to book individually. It was a good day until the skies opened up. My only complaint was lunch was hot dogs and cold cuts. They ran out of some salads.  

I was underwhelmed with Aristocat as well.

Captain talked nonstop about himself and mate; service, drinks and food were just so so. 

In fairness, this was a few years back, maybe they have a new crew. 

Hopefully OP can find others on their roll call, and report back on the sailing experience. 

We have a very quiet roll call. I have posted without luck, which I have never experienced. Over this weekend I reached out to four different catamaran companies and all of them at this point do not have enough people to sail.  I am hopeful that one will open up as we get closer to the date. We are the only ship in port and will be there mid October. I am certainly open to suggestions!  I really don’t want to pay excursion prices for half the sail time and likely a large catamaran. 

• Like 1

No other ships in port, but they are communicating with me and have my deposit. Hopefully it will come together. Our roll call is very quiet, and non responsive to private tour options. 🤷‍♀️  Thanks for the positive posts! 

• 2 months later...

Bumping this back up to see if anyone is on Tortola 10/19 this year?  I REALLY do not want to do a ship excursion, but it is what I have booked as a back up plan. Thank you - and yes, I have circled back on the roll call. We still need more to join. Hoping with the CC roll call difficulties, someone might see this who cannot locate the roll call.