What drinks package IS included in YC?

Beamafar

1 minute ago, Até said:

I think the first few ?months? YC passengers are possibly going to be offered the non-YC Deluxe cabanas as those were also removed from the non-YC bookings.  From what I've read and also based on my non-YC bookings all that is currently available to book is the Standard cabana.

That seems to be the case.  From what I've read, the YC cabanas won't be available 'til Feb 2020 IIRC.

Some reported that the YC cabanas had come online for booking for a very short time before they were removed.  Now, one or two posters did indicate that they had managed to book them (despite the fact that it seems they won't be available at the time these particular posters will be visiting the island).  The only ones I saw offered on our YC booking were the standard cabanas.

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

That seems to be the case.  From what I've read, the YC cabanas won't be available 'til Feb 2020 IIRC.

Some reported that the YC cabanas had come online for booking for a very short time before they were removed....

Yes I started a thread about that.  I was traveling and saw the two YC versions available on my YC bookings, but was irritated by the price premium over the non-YC versions with the same amenities so didn't book at that time.  When I got home a day later and looked again the YC versions were gone.  Now all that remain for any of my sailings are the Standard cabanas, so the Deluxe non-YC are also gone.  Hence my supposition of what might happen for the first YC people who might want a cabana.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, Beamafar said:

Is there a wine list in the restaurant from which you can choose included wines from?

Buon Viaggio - hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Bea,

thank you.

There was no wine list yesterday in the restaurant but today our head waiter handed us the wine list with the menus for dinner. The wine list includes a good selection and the prices are per bottle. I opted for an Italian red wine “Primitivo Di Manduria” as recommended by the sommelier. The Primitivo was not on the wine list. 

2 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Bea,

thank you.

There was no wine list yesterday in the restaurant but today our head waiter handed us the wine list with the menus for dinner. The wine list includes a good selection and the prices are per bottle. I opted for an Italian red wine “Primitivo Di Manduria” as recommended by the sommelier. The Primitivo was not on the wine list. 

Thanks SW.

If you get a chance, can you ask the sommelier if having the Prem+ package includes any 'better' wines in the YC restaurant.  We've upgraded for our Seaview cruise in August, so I'm curious as to whether it will be of any benefit in the YC enclave.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, Beamafar said:

Thanks SW.

If you get a chance, can you ask the sommelier if having the Prem+ package includes any 'better' wines in the YC restaurant.  We've upgraded for our Seaview cruise in August, so I'm curious as to whether it will be of any benefit in the YC enclave.

Hi Bea,

I asked our waiter tonight and he came back with the sommelier and the YC Top Sail Lounge Drink list. The sommelier explained that all wine by-the-glass priced over 10 Euro are included in the Premium+ drink package. No extra wine/drink list for Premium+ .

7212DFCE-0816-498E-BD43-AC442FA607BA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SirWolf said:

Hi Bea,

I asked our waiter tonight and he came back with the sommelier and the YC Top Sail Lounge Drink list. The sommelier explained that all wine by-the-glass priced over 10 Euro are included in the Premium+ drink package. No extra wine/drink list for Premium+ .

I am confused by this post and your earlier one.  your earlier one said that you were told all drinks in YC are covered regardless of price, but outside the physical YC space, it's up to 10 euros.  But this list, which they gave you in the YC restaurant, includes drinks that are NOT covered - even though they are in the YC restaurant?

9 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

I am confused by this post and your earlier one.  your earlier one said that you were told all drinks in YC are covered regardless of price, but outside the physical YC space, it's up to 10 euros.  But this list, which they gave you in the YC restaurant, includes drinks that are NOT covered - even though they are in the YC restaurant?

YC guests only get -in the enclave as well as out - what the Premium package covers (which is wine up to €10.  The wines/champagnes on that page are covered by Premium+ package, which is what I wanted to know as we've upgraded to Prem+ but didn't know if there were higher-end wines by the glass available in YC).

There were always premium drinks for purchase in YC.

Edited by Beamafar

My wife and I were  on Bellissima last week. We were also told by the concierge that any drinks up to the value of 10€, purchased outside of the YC were complimentary.

However, at the Champagne Bar we were able to consume a fair quantity of Laurent Perrier brut, priced at 13€ without any additional charge.

in addition, dining at Butchers Cut, we had a choice of wines all priced higher than 10€ and again including Laurent Perrier.

hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

YC guests only get -in the enclave as well as out - what the Premium package covers (which is wine up to €10.  The wines/champagnes on that page are covered by Premium+ package, which is what I wanted to know as we've upgraded to Prem+ but didn't know if there were higher-end wines by the glass available in YC).

There were always premium drinks for purchase in YC.

Thanks Bea.  I was confused by SirWolf's post earlier, where he said or maybe I read it wrong that in YC, everything is included, but outside YC, you have to actually check the price lists.  I guess in YC, if a drink you want is not covered, they would just tell you.  

14 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

Thanks Bea.  I was confused by SirWolf's post earlier, where he said or maybe I read it wrong that in YC, everything is included, but outside YC, you have to actually check the price lists.  I guess in YC, if a drink you want is not covered, they would just tell you.  

The YC bar menus had items with prices next to them which is how you knew they weren't included.  I haven't seen a current YC bar menu, other than what SirWolf has posted, so I don't know if that's still the case.

It's impossible to get a definitive answer from MSC UK about what exactly is included (which was the point I was making with this thread).  Compare the 2 conflicting answers that I and another person have received from the same UK office in relation to upgrading to Prem+ on a YC booking.  The following is what I received:

The Yacht Club does not include a specific drink package, but it offers a premium F&B experience, within and outside of the Yacht Club area. Guests can enjoy complimentary drinks with premium brands included, while the top-shelf connoisseurs’ selection is on payment within and outside of the Yacht Club. A complimentary premium beverage selection is offered in all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the drink selections available in the different venues.

Should you like to benefit of the connoisseurs selection of spirits, then a upgrade to our Premium Plus Package is required.

Here's what someone else (on the same cruise) has received in response to a request to upgrade:

I can confirm unfortunately it's not possible to add the drinks package to your booking as an upgrade as the drinks package included within the Yacht Club Experience is not a defined package to upgrade from.

You can however add the Premium Plus package to your booking.

It went on to quote the full price for the Premium+ package, rather than the difference in price between Prem and Prem+ (which is what I paid).

There's really no hope when, on the same day, the UK office gives 2 different responses to the same request.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kodesthemoose said:

The YC Bar List is a folded brochure with 4 pages of drinks, wines & coffees with no price. The other pages is the Connoisseur’s Selection with wine by the bottle and drinks & wine by the glass , cigars. Here is the page with drinks by the glass over 10 Euro.

20DC63D5-9F95-4AA5-A0C8-2703106B98CA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once again, thanks SirWolf.  That, as well as the champagne/wines by the glass, with prices is exactly what I was looking for.

I've never had Martell XO, so that's something to look forward to.

I thought I'd have to leave the YC enclave to enjoy items from the Connoisseurs' Selection, although, as I've said, they always had top shelf drinks in TSL.  The introduction of a package (Prem+) that includes them is a great addition.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, smoothcruiser said:

My wife and I were  on Bellissima last week. We were also told by the concierge that any drinks up to the value of 10€, purchased outside of the YC were complimentary.

However, at the Champagne Bar we were able to consume a fair quantity of Laurent Perrier brut, priced at 13€ without any additional charge.

in addition, dining at Butchers Cut, we had a choice of wines all priced higher than 10€ and again including Laurent Perrier.

hope this helps.

The problem with that is that it's ambiguous, similar to the responses I've had from MSC about what package is included with YC where UK is still saying there isn't a defined package included. Which means that you have to wait 'til onboard and hope that the server/barman is up to speed on what you're entitled to.

43 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

SirWolf ... any chance you could post photos of the rest of the YC bar menu?  I'd be very interested in seeing the range of drinks covered.  TIA

Bea

I already took photos of the Bar List but I am limited with my 5GB internet data plan. I will post photos when back on land (Barcelona on Friday). 

12 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

I already took photos of the Bar List but I am limited with my 5GB internet data plan. I will post photos when back on land (Barcelona on Friday). 

SirWolf ... you're a brick (as they say around these parts - it's a compliment, bytheway, and means:  THANK YOU SO MUCH!)

Thanks very much Sirwolf. Your post helped me decide it was worth splashing out. 

Well in regard to Bea’s post above, I have finally been able to upgrade to premium plus (from YC). 

Interestingly although MSC claim the YC is not the “premium” package the charge per person is the premium plus package cost minus the premium package cost. 

Therefore £13 per person per night.

Now that’s a bargain and worth the hassle. 

The magic code to quote is...

699UPPPP−UPGRADE FROM PREMIUM TO PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE 
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The problem with that is that it's ambiguous, similar to the responses I've had from MSC about what package is included with YC where UK is still saying there isn't a defined package included. Which means that you have to wait 'til onboard and hope that the server/barman is up to speed on what you're entitled to.

Very true. I ordered a cocktail in the TSL last December from the Premium menu of another onboard bar, I'd had others without issue but that night the butler said it was chargable. I advised it wasn't. Another butler intervened and agreed that it wasn't. In fairness, the young man had only embarked that day. If I hadn't insisted due to preboarding research (reading CC lol) it would've been very confusing. 

I don't feel I'm entirely certain what will be included for our Oct sailing. 

9 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

... I don't feel I'm entirely certain what will be included for our Oct sailing. 

Therein lies the problem, CF.  It's all very fine for people who post "I got this, I got that ..."  It doesn't mean that it'll apply for everyone.  I see that people are still reporting that they had Venchi venue items included when in YC, despite it being clearly indicated on the MSC flyer on drinks packages, that Venchi is now not included in ANY packages.  That brings us back to the position MSC UK has that YC doesn't include a "defined" package.  I'll be watching for reports from people in YC on Seaview on their experience in Venchi on that ship!

Having experienced being told in TSL that Nicholas Feuillatte wasn't included (and the discussion that ensued) - and that was before the introduction of the new packages - and also in the YC restaurant, being told that I only had a choice of the 2 reds that the sommelier chooses each night, I find that, being in YC, you really do have to know what you're entitled to, otherwise you're at the mercy of the crew who's knowledge can sometimes be shaky.

We've upgraded to the Prem+ package so I don't have to wonder if a drink I want is under the price limit and feeling frustrated when some drinks are only €/$1 over, etc.  Having seen some current menus, I feel it's really worth the extra cost and that the cruise experience will be enhanced as a result.  I'd always felt that way when we upgraded to Deluxe;  the Prem+ goes one better with the top-shelf stuff - some of which I used to enjoy before removal from the Deluxe package and some that had had 2 asterisks so that we never partook.  Instead of NF we'll be drinking Moët or Veuve Cliquot!  🍾 🍸 😎