What drinks package IS included in YC?

Beamafar

Really appreciate the time you've taken out of your holiday to post these now, SW.  It's great to have the new prices from a cruise where Euros are the onboard currency (I already had the US$ new prices from our cruise on Armonia in Jan).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, floridian1 said:

This is great thank you so much. Can I expect a similar menu for our carribbean seaside cruise? (Minus the euro prices)

I've posted the US menus on the following thread from post #35.  Anything under $12 is included for YC:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2641156-msc-yacht-club-feb-16-23-2019-compare-to-ncl-haven/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-56957236

• Thanks 1

And again ... many thanks!

Interesting that they're not offering the 'American' breakfast or a 'Dinner' menu (which are $7.95 each for delivery, plus 15% on US sailings.  Don't know about YC on US sailings - we were on a non-YC ship):

849cda49ed0523de0f715c8c4eb2cd85.jpg

128401bf1e28453c4b0670d1b9b4618b.jpg

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Therein lies the problem, CF.  It's all very fine for people who post "I got this, I got that ..."  It doesn't mean that it'll apply for everyone.  I see that people are still reporting that they had Venchi venue items included when in YC, despite it being clearly indicated on the MSC flyer on drinks packages, that Venchi is now not included in ANY packages.  That brings us back to the position MSC UK has that YC doesn't include a "defined" package.  I'll be watching for reports from people in YC on Seaview on their experience in Venchi on that ship!

This week I read a comment in a YC Facebook group that a fellow on Seaview YC (on the first round of the Med sailings, so after the Brazil TA) reported that Venchi was indeed not included with the YC experience.  I am not certain whether he went to Venchi and was told this or was simply told by the YC concierge.  In any case I'm disappointed, Venchi was absolutely something I was looking forward to on Seaview! 

12 minutes ago, kodesthemoose said:

This week I read a comment in a YC Facebook group that a fellow on Seaview YC (on the first round of the Med sailings, so after the Brazil TA) reported that Venchi was indeed not included with the YC experience.  I am not certain whether he went to Venchi and was told this or was simply told by the YC concierge.  In any case I'm disappointed, Venchi was absolutely something I was looking forward to on Seaview! 

Now that does not surprise me at all, Kodes, though I was half-hoping that it would be included.  However, MSC in the Med are not as accommodating as they are Stateside, where they're more interested in their US guests - especially YC ones!  It's up to people to make enough noises, first to the Concierge, then the YC director and on up to the Hotel Director about the inconsistencies onboard their ships.

Edited by Beamafar
Grammar
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Now that does not surprise me at all, Kodes, though I was half-hoping that it would be included.  However, MSC in the Med are not as accommodating as they are Stateside, where they're more interested in their US guests - especially YC ones!  It's up to people to make enough noises, first to the Concierge, then the YC director and on up to the Hotel Director about the inconsistencies onboard their ships.

I was planning to make noise about Venchi, to be honest, especially if gelato in other places is also not included (since we booked before drink package change).  It's incredibly annoying not to get what you paid for!  It doesn't surprise me that MSC is less accommodating in the Med.... sigh.  

• Like 1

Mini Bar - MSC Bellissima - Western Med :

Becks Original Pils Beer (bottle)

Heineken Lager Beer (bottle)

Beefeater Dry Gin (mini bottle)

Absolut Vodka (mini bottle)

Dewar’s Scotch Whisky (mini bottle)

Pepsi Soda (can)

Pepsi Light Soda (can)

Slam Orange Soda (can)

7up Soda (can)

Lipton Ice Tea (can)

Royal Club Tonic Classic (can)

Pringles Original Chips

Peanuts , salted

Peanuts , choco

Nuts , cocktail

Coffee Creamer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Mini Bar - MSC Bellissima - Western Med :

Becks Original Pils Beer (bottle)

Heineken Lager Beer (bottle)

Beefeater Dry Gin (mini bottle)

Absolut Vodka (mini bottle)

Dewar’s Scotch Whisky (mini bottle)

Pepsi Soda (can)

Pepsi Light Soda (can)

Slam Orange Soda (can)

7up Soda (can)

Lipton Ice Tea (can)

Royal Club Tonic Classic (can)

Pringles Original Chips

Peanuts , salted

Peanuts , choco

Nuts , cocktail

Coffee Creamer

I’m surprised there wasn’t a nip of rum in there. 

1 minute ago, abdawson1 said:

I’m surprised there wasn’t a nip of rum in there. 

Rum has never been supplied in the mini-bar.  There are 3 spirits offered - gin, whisky and vodka.  The brands have changed down the years;  they also vary depending on the region the ship is being stocked in.

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Rum has never been supplied in the mini-bar.  There are 3 spirits offered - gin, whisky and vodka.  The brands have changed down the years;  they also vary depending on the region the ship is being stocked in.

I guess I’ll just have to have a Gin and Coke instead of my usual Rum and Tonic. 😁

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, Beamafar said:

Here's my experience on the Seaside this week. We booked YC pre-Nov. Post-Nov we upgraded to Premium + for the top shelf liquor. However, now Venchi is not included (drinks or gelato) because our drinks package is coded as 699 instead of YC. The waitress at Venchi said we could just have them change it to YC, but then I would lose the top shelf liquor which is the reason I upgraded. We solved this problem by going to Venchi with others from the YC that we're traveling with. As long as one person has the YC coded band, they don't care. They only scan one. So just to be clear, they are going by the rule of if you booked YC pre-Nov, Venchi is included.

• Like 2