What drinks package IS included in YC?

Beamafar

15 hours ago, abdawson1 said:

I guess I’ll just have to have a Gin and Coke instead of my usual Rum and Tonic. 😁

The sailings out of Miami last few years has had coke products vs the Pepsi.  But no rum.  Just ask butler to bring glass of it.

6 hours ago, orangemini said:

Here's my experience on the Seaside this week. We booked YC pre-Nov. Post-Nov we upgraded to Premium + for the top shelf liquor. However, now Venchi is not included (drinks or gelato) because our drinks package is coded as 699 instead of YC. The waitress at Venchi said we could just have them change it to YC, but then I would lose the top shelf liquor which is the reason I upgraded. We solved this problem by going to Venchi with others from the YC that we're traveling with. As long as one person has the YC coded band, they don't care. They only scan one. So just to be clear, they are going by the rule of if you booked YC pre-Nov, Venchi is included.

Perhaps on Seaside;  I'd like to know what the situation is with Venchi on Seaview.

It seems crazy that upgrading your package caused you to lose your entitlement to enjoy Venchi .

On 4/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, Beamafar said:

Perhaps on Seaside;  I'd like to know what the situation is with Venchi on Seaview.

It seems crazy that upgrading your package caused you to lose your entitlement to enjoy Venchi .

Just of seaview. Wondeful experience by the way.

YC booked long before change.

I was told that under no circunstances venchi was included. I was told that as it was the new season(first cruise in Europe) venchi is for pay for everyone.

I ordered anyway 2 different times and both the payment amounted to 0€. Both of the times they reiterated that I would be charged(very politely) before taking the order. The second time I even got told that luckily it seems that I was charged 0, but they might  adjust it manually later. I received the final account, and was never charged.

So, all in all, I'm still not sure, and neither are they, if they should be charging us or not.

Well ... I'm none the wiser after that, Elbarney.  Thank you for reporting your experience.

We've upgraded to the Prem+ and it seems that by doing so, the code on the card will over-ride the YC element, according to orangemini's experience.

I can't believe all the replys to this topic but we have only sailed 4 yacht club cruises  on the Divina and two on the Seaside in the yacht Club and I didn't even know there was a Yacht Club Package.  I must not be drinking the right alcoholic beverages that require a package .Hope I make it through our next cruise in June without a package because I have no idea what it would be..

6 hours ago, CarolnLarry said:

I can't believe all the replys to this topic but we have only sailed 4 yacht club cruises  on the Divina and two on the Seaside in the yacht Club and I didn't even know there was a Yacht Club Package.

According to MSC UK, there isn't;  according to MSC Germany, there is, which is the premise of this thread.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:16 AM, elbarney said:

Just of seaview. Wondeful experience by the way.

YC booked long before change.

I was told that under no circunstances venchi was included. I was told that as it was the new season(first cruise in Europe) venchi is for pay for everyone.

I ordered anyway 2 different times and both the payment amounted to 0€. Both of the times they reiterated that I would be charged(very politely) before taking the order. The second time I even got told that luckily it seems that I was charged 0, but they might  adjust it manually later. I received the final account, and was never charged.

So, all in all, I'm still not sure, and neither are they, if they should be charging us or not.

That's absolutely crazy. MSC at its finest. Keep an eye on your statement, as the might decide to charge you in 6 months or so!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone recently been on Bellissima in yacht club sailings in Europe to confirm how they are dealing with drinks and what you have to pay for vs what is included. 

Just been bashing emails between MSC about the premium plus upgrade as discussed earlier in this thread, after them telling my travel agent and also myself not need unlimited drinks is included in yacht club. Finally they have offered premium plus upgrade as offered to some one else in this thread because unlimited doesn’t mean unlimited in choice just quantity of their choosing!

Have they been been charging for drinks by the glass above a certain price if you don’t do the upgrade, or is it waiter dependent, or don’t they know what is provided either as per my experience with dealing with MSC has uncovered. 

The upgrade is $24australian per day per guest. If you want more freedom of choice without paying the whole price of a wine which is just a dollar more appears that is what is required. Is this the experience of others who have actually travelled recently?

thanks

Wayne

The YC bar menu pages are posted on page 3 of this thread.  Everything without a price next to it is included.  Anything with a price next to it is the price you'll pay plus 15% service charge.

Outside of the YC area, everything (drinks-wise) is included except items from the Connoisseurs' Selection.  The same will apply for prices on that menu page, too.

• Like 1

When we boarded, the YC concierge as part of his welcome spiel mentioned we could have drinks outside the YC up to and including 10 Euro.

In the Brass Anchor, we ordered one drink that was 10.50. We signed for it, but the charge never made it to our account..........

• Like 1

Hamrag has also reported that he was able to get some of lower end Connoisseurs' Selection items without charge, too.  Makes it impossible to state anything with any certainty on here.  YMMV lol.   🙄

Thanks for the update, shame it took so much effort to get MSC to clarify what this forum knows well and offer me the upgrade. Clearly they would prefer you didn’t and pay the per glass price because you know no better. 

How have  people found the food in yacht club and what specialty restaurants are recommended on bellissima. 

9 minutes ago, waynev said:

How have  people found the food in yacht club and what specialty restaurants are recommended on bellissima. 

YC food is a definite step up from 'standard' MSC fare, although even the YC meals are not as good as some 'standard' meals on other cruise lines.

However, the speciality restaurants are superb - we've been to a few over the years. Recently went to Butcher's Cut and it was a fantastic meal.

3 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

YC food is a definite step up from 'standard' MSC fare, although even the YC meals are not as good as some 'standard' meals on other cruise lines.

However, the speciality restaurants are superb - we've been to a few over the years. Recently went to Butcher's Cut and it was a fantastic meal.

In my experience recently i.e. 33 nights between Meraviglia and Preziosa I would say that some of the YC meals were not as good as others but were definitely better than 'standard' cruiseline meals.....we have sailed 43 cruises, with 14 different cruiselines. Need also to remember that standard MDR offerings on all cruiselines have declined in quality somewhat over the past 5 years or so. At the right price YC is excellent value, for us at least.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, waynev said:

Do you need to book specialty restaurants before the cruise or is there availability once on board?

Onboard is no problem, lots of availability as they are relatively expensive.

2 minutes ago, hamrag said:

In my experience recently i.e. 33 nights between Meraviglia and Preziosa I would say that some of the YC meals were not as good as others but were definitely better than 'standard' cruiseline meals.....we have sailed 43 cruises, with 14 different cruiselines. Need also to remember that standard MDR offerings on all cruiselines have declined in quality somewhat over the past 5 years or so. At the right price YC is excellent value, for us at least.

Yes absolutely - I should written some like that <<<< to really convey what I meant.  We've been mighty impressed with some 'standard' cruise line dishes over the years but can't say I've ever said the same about MSC, YC or not. So I don't mean there are some cruise lines whose 'standard' meals surpass the YC meals as a matter of course - I mean we've had some particular meals/dishes in 'standard' class that have been better than YC meals. Hope I'm making sense!

I do agree that on balance it is a good value offering, at the right price. But - obviously they are pushing the envelope. I'm yet to decide which upper figure I'd be happy to pay for a given combination of itinerary/ship/length of cruise etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Onboard is no problem, lots of availability as they are relatively expensive.

Yep, we booked at 11:00 for 20:15 the same night at Butcher's Cut. There are usually empty tables.

Surprised MSC don't do something like Celebrity - discount the specialities on a given night based on how many are booked and whether the ship is at sea etc. - as the speciality prices are definitely on the high side for people not booking a package and going full a la carte.

Some argue you'd pay the same price or more for a meal of such good quality on land - but I've always had it in my mind that the specialities should be partially 'subsidised' as I'm not having a meal in the MDR. Again in years gone by it was always my experience that speciality restaurants were around $20-$25 per head - definitely less than you'd pay at a land restaurant - so that re-enforced my thinking that it's 'subsidised' in some way - as it should be.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, waynev said:

Do you need to book specialty restaurants before the cruise or is there availability once on board?

You can't book beforehand;  only when onboard (and hamrag has answered to that element).

12 minutes ago, waynev said:

I assume from the comments yacht club passengers pay the surcharge for specialty restaurants as well. 

Your assumption is correct.  Drinks in the SRs are included for YC guests.

1 hour ago, waynev said:

Thanks for the update, shame it took so much effort to get MSC to clarify what this forum knows well and offer me the upgrade. Clearly they would prefer you didn’t and pay the per glass price because you know no better. 

Can I ask if you were offered the upgrade for free or did you pay the difference between Premium and Premium Plus drink package ?

I am currently at the stage of the e-mails going back and forth to MSC re YC booking prior to November 2018. Despite being assured that the drink package would remain the same for those booking before November 2018 in reality on the ship (Seaview) this is not what is being experienced. People have taken proof of their booking dates and the concierge has told them it makes no difference no drinks above 10 euros will be included. No champagne by the glass, no gelato, no champagne cocktails, no cocktails above 10 euros !

At the moment MSC are trying to dispute with me that the drink package in YC has changed as there is no drink package. They are asking me to prove where I have ever seen the word Deluxe package on any booking confirmation (which of course there is not) but neither is there the word premium or the words no drink above 10 euros.

I am disappointed in MSC's attitude and the promise that the original package booked would be honoured. Going forward I would choose to upgrade but that is because I would book with the knowledge of what is included and what I am paying for.

I don't want to ruin our cruise by getting so hung up on it (it is mostly the Hendrick's Gin and choice of wines I'm concerned with..plus the principle) but my love of MSC may be short lived !