What drinks package IS included in YC?

Beamafar

1 hour ago, SailBreakaway said:

I really just hope MSC doesn’t have me running back to NCL begging for forgiveness!!! lol

I’ve assured DW that this will meet and exceed her experiences with NCL. I hope they don’t make a liar out of me. We are pretty easy going so I don’t think I’ll get wrapped around the axle. Sounds like key is to stay away from Guest Services, aka “The Hypertension Desk”

NCL SHOULD be coming to us and begging for forgiveness after the antics the last 4 years!  We've moved on - two MSC this year and one next.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:39 PM, dexddd said:

NCL SHOULD be coming to us and begging for forgiveness after the antics the last 4 years!  We've moved on - two MSC this year and one next.

This is so very true, and couldnt agree more, however they keep posting record profits, so I don’t expect a call from Andy or Frank anytime soon.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, Beamafar said:

SS ... we had that situation last year on Splendida where there were only limited choices of wines on the first night of a 28 night cruise which I was not prepared to accept. I was told that they had to stretch the stock across the durTion of the cruise!

I brought wine from the wine bar to the restaurant and had the servers decant it to YC wine glasses, which drew the attention of the sommelier who asked me why I was bringing wine and where was I getting it. When I explained he told me I could have any of the included wines anytime. Point made!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interesting and noted.

We will be bringing wine from TSL or another bar if need be to make the point..and having a conversation with sommelier and hotel dir/food bev dir.

Either the sommelier is doing their job--or they are not...

We just had issues with the "sommelier" in Blu while on a TA.

He was angry that I didn't attend his "wine pairing" class and also refused to serve me white wines--saying he grew up drinking red, didn't like white and could not recommend whites.

After 2 days of him throwing the wine list at me at dinner... I spoke with the M'D and he brought in the Head Somm (for the ship) for a tete a tete...

Ended up with a lovely French white available to me for the length of the cruise with no upcharge as well as a lovely French red...and DH was offered a wonderful red that elsewhere on the ship they wanted $23 per glass.

Wine -in our minds-- is part of the dining experience. 

On bar-

DH is a single malt guy...  

I prefer Brut over sweet sparkling wines 

We are martini drinkers

and Campari soda is a fav...

not a lot to ask imho as far as bar service.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Wine -in our minds-- is part of the dining experience. 

Same here!  I sometimes order a white wine (or prosecco/champagne) with starters, a red with the mains and sauternes with dessert.

• Like 2

Just now, Beamafar said:

Same here!  I sometimes order a white wine (or prosecco/champagne) with starters, a red with the mains and sauternes with dessert.

Exactly. We prefer wine pairing when we can do it. Part of the sailing/vacation experience.

Some reds are lovely with salmon for example--and I expect someone with the title sommelier to be of help.

I can't drink some reds are they trigger a migraine (as do white wines that are cheap like Yellow Tail--which I avoid like the plague).

The French red (wish I had a pic of the label) was fabulous and no headaches! 

Some sparkling wines are terrific with seafood. Spend time in Venice and we all know how great that is! 😉

• Like 1

A 'sommelier' who knows nothing about white wine couldn't possibly pass the Sommelier certification exam – and therefore isn't a Sommelier.  You might as well get your wines from the waiters and bartenders.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, hamrag said:

Based on the evidence provided I heartily second this opinion, on the basis that the YC package is somewhere between Premium and the low-end of Premium Plus. Therefore, given that even Premium Plus does not include Venchi, the YC package almost certainly will not!

I haven’t got through this thread completely yet, so I may be passing on already stated information. I cruised in the Seaside February 2019. I had the Premium Plus drink package ( I upgraded the package that came with my suite) and it included all the drinks at Venchi. I had chocolate champagne and others. Now whether or not those are included with YC benefits, I don’t know. I was in Aurea Whirlpool Suite as YC was sold out. I booked free cruise 12/19 in YC though, so I’ll be sure to clarify YC inclusions as far as complimentary cocktails outside of YC. 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, Fogfog said:

Some reds are lovely with salmon for example--and I expect someone with the title sommelier to be of help.

I'm going to have to put that to the test, FF.  👌

5 minutes ago, Hoofy7 said:

I had the Premium Plus drink package  and it included all the drinks at Venchi. I had chocolate champagne and others.

Apparently, on Seaview (in the Med), no packages cover items in the Venchi venue.  We'll have Prem+ and will be in YC in 4 weeks' time, I'll be checking it out and reporting back on our experience.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve seen a Seaside champagne bar menu of wines by the glass that included Dom Perignon, but someone onboard now said that they removed Dom Perignon from the menu 2 weeks ago. I wonder if Meraviglia will change menu in champagne bar when she gets to NYC? 

4 hours ago, Redlondon said:

I’ve seen a Seaside champagne bar menu of wines by the glass that included Dom Perignon, but someone onboard now said that they removed Dom Perignon from the menu 2 weeks ago. I wonder if Meraviglia will change menu in champagne bar when she gets to NYC? 

They had Veuve Cliquot and Moët & Chandon both in YC (for charge, unless you had the PremPlus package) and on the Champagne Bar menu on Seaview.  I've only seen the latter listed on the Seaside YC menu.  We have the Prem+ package for our sailing on Meraviglia in 2 weeks' time ... I'll be checking out the Champagne Bar's offerings asap after boarding!

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

They had Veuve Cliquot and Moët & Chandon both in YC (for charge, unless you had the PremPlus package) and on the Champagne Bar menu on Seaview.  I've only seen the latter listed on the Seaside YC menu.  We have the Prem+ package for our sailing on Meraviglia in 2 weeks' time ... I'll be checking out the Champagne Bar's offerings asap after boarding!

I was thinking of getting Premium Plus just for the Dom Perignon and Crystal Champagne, but someone put a video on YouTube saying how he got $10000.00 worth of champagne on the Premium Plus, MSC must have seen it and two weeks ago they decided it’s excluded from the Premium Plus package now! 😞

1 minute ago, Redlondon said:

I was thinking of getting Premium Plus just for the Dom Perignon and Crystal Champagne, but someone put a video on YouTube saying how he got $10000.00 worth of champagne on the Premium Plus, MSC must have seen it and two weeks ago they decided it’s excluded from the Premium Plus package now! 😞

I'd say that was the case, alright!  That's the problem with social media - you can share just too much information and these guys are reading everything - even on here!

We had the Prem+ in YC on Seaview last month and enjoyed the Veuve Cliquot;  I also had a few glasses of Remy Martin XO and DH got to have some Johnnie Walker Blue @ €20 a glass before he fell ill and had to curtail his intake lol.  We did get our money's worth, but nowhere near $10000, that's for sure!  Who knows ... maybe on Meraviglia???  😈

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Redlondon said:

They were having the Crystal champagne at $65 a glass! 

Did you see that listed on the Seaside Champagne Bar menu?  I'm finding it hard to believe that a drink of that value would be included.  The most expensive I've seen is the Johnnie Walker Blue @ $25 a shot (though a double would be $50 and DH was served a couple of doubles at times).  Even if that was the total for 2 people, it would mean 11 glasses pppd to reach that - it's certainly doable, I suppose.

Edited by Beamafar

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Did you see that listed on the Seaside Champagne Bar menu?  I'm finding it hard to believe that a drink of that value would be included.  The most expensive I've seen is the Johnnie Walker Blue @ $25 a shot (though a double would be $50 and DH was served a couple of doubles at times).  Even if that was the total for 2 people, it would mean 11 glasses pppd to reach that - it's certainly doable, I suppose.

Yes it’s on there @$65

CD9E0D3D-8DAE-4D08-8895-3D6333714F4F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks a mil for that photo - I hadn't seen it before.  That is some list.  It certainly isn't anywhere near as comprehensive on Seaview!  Here's Seaview's CB offerings:

20190828_204458.thumb.jpg.e5287cf7f1ee34ad14c6591ac2b66f5a.jpg

I think they were trialling the new menu on Seaside, but obviously lost money on it. It would be interesting to see what menu they have in champagne bar now, since two weeks ago. 

I'll be very happy if they have Seaside's menu, even sans Crystal and Dom Perignon - Veuve Cliquot will suit me just fine!  There are also a few others on that list that I wouldn't mind trying.  Tomorrow 2 weeks I'll be finding out.

Edited by Beamafar

Just now, Beamafar said:

I'll be very happy if they have Seaside's menu, even sans Crystal and Dom Perignon - Veuve Cliquot will suit me just fine!  There are also a few others on that list that I wouldn't mind trying.  Tomorrow 2 weeks I'll be finding out.

I’m boarding on 28th so can you please let me know what’s included for Premium Plus?

1 minute ago, Redlondon said:

I’m boarding on 28th so can you please let me know what’s included for Premium Plus?

I'll do my best.  Tapatalk is not working for me so I'll have to use the website which is a bit more cumbersome.  I'm planning to have my own thread, rather than trying to post on various threads (such as this) on different subjects.

I see you're on the roll call - have you seen that they had a CC M&M on the TA?  Hopefully they'll organise one for our cruise (though, because we're doing a 23 night, and not a B2B, we may not be invited - will have to check that out when onboard).

I'm really hoping that someone who's on the sailing of the 8th will post some info before we board.

I was considering upgrading us to the Prem Plus and now wonder if MSC is gong to change the rules/conditions to exclude the things I am upgrading for...

The cost of a glass of a Prem Plus brand--is super inflated retail. Our elder son bought of JW Blue for the younger brother as a gift --and I doubt per "finger" neat that it if divided out that it ran the cost of what MSC is charging. 

Still-- How will I know what the rules for Prem Plus really are??? (US market)

Cheers

If you don't have P+ and just the YC package, it was always excluding the Connoisseurs selection of drinks but included everything else - inside and outside of YC. The Champagne Bar menu doesn't indicate a distinction. What is included there? Up to $12? So if a drink is $12, is that in or out?

6 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

The cost of a glass of a Prem Plus brand--is super inflated retail. Our elder son bought of JW Blue for the younger brother as a gift --and I doubt per "finger" neat that it if divided out that it ran the cost of what MSC is charging. 

You could apply the same argument for prices in pubs/restaurants, FF.

Here's how MSC describes the Prem+ package:

Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants

1 minute ago, CruisingFox27 said:

If you don't have P+ and just the YC package, it was always excluding the Connoisseurs selection of drinks but included everything else - inside and outside of YC. The Champagne Bar menu doesn't indicate a distinction. What is included there? Up to $12? So if a drink is $12, is that in or out?

I would imagine that items @$12 are also included, CF ... the Easy list has items listed @$6 and are included and the wording is 'drinks up to $6'.  Hamrag reported that he even enjoyed items from the lower end of the Connoisseur's Selection when outside YC (all items on that list were under $12 on the Armonia bar menus except Johnnie Walker Blue, which was $25).

• Thanks 1