Need Advice from Experienced Cruisers Please

Lawahl

49 minutes ago, funtorunwild said:

I have often wondered who gets the automatic 15% gratuity added to all drinks....the ship ? the bartender ?...the waiter ? Even on cheers there is a gratuity added...

DO tips ever trickle down to the guys who paint the hull?

and the ppl who handle the mooring lines? and keep the engines running?

What about the chefs and other galley staff? Do they get tips too?

PaintDetail.jpg

31 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

DO tips ever trickle down to the guys who paint the hull?

and the ppl who handle the mooring lines? and keep the engines running?

What about the chefs and other galley staff? Do they get tips too?

PaintDetail.jpg

Them guys painting the hull, just may be your waiter...😁

On 4/6/2019 at 8:01 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

So you really think a waiter is going to jeopardize his job by intentionally using someone’s folio card?  I am not saying it’s impossible, but I find that very hard to believe.  I have literally talked to hundreds of crew members  (specifically bartenders, waiters, and cabin stewards) during my 26 cruises on Carnival. With very few exceptions, these people work on ships because they make significantly more money than they can in their home countries. They are not going to jeopardize  their livelihood over a few coffees and sodas.  I think it is far more likely a mistake was made on the first night with folio numbers, and the waiter used the same folio numbers the rest of the cruise. If you cruise on Carnival frequently, you know they never ask to see your S&S card in the MDR after the first time you use it to order a drink (alcohol or non-alcoholic) in the MDR. You also know they rarely have you sign receipts for non-alcoholic drinks in the MDR if you have Cheers. So if a mistake was made the first night, it is no surprise that the same mistake was repeated multiple times during the rest of the cruise. 

Even if I agree with your view that it was a rogue waiter (I don’t), Guest Services made it pretty clear to the OP that it wasn’t a big deal. The OP made that point very clear, and despite not agreeing with the OP’s view on this situation, I have never doubted the OP’s story. So even if what you believed really happened, Guest Services didn’t care about it.  So if I am in your shoes, or more accurately the OP’s shoes, I have to make a decision if I want to continue to cruise on a cruise line that allows that kind of behavior. 

And if you re-read the entire thread, you will see that the OP was not looking for opinions.  They were looking for people who agreed with their view on the situation. They have not once agreed with the several comments by me and others who have said this is nothing to worry about. 

I think YOU need to re-read the original post. She was bringing up an issue and was wanting opinions. You have been nothing but rude and disrespectful to numerous people.  She brought it to the cruise line's attention. I agree with the others, NOT YOU, that this should not be ignored. Someone was making a mistake and her complaint was the response she received when she brought it to their attention. it was careless and showed a lack of respect.  21 drinks. That's not minor. Re-read the posts and stop being rude to people offering their opinions. You are no better than anyone else and neither are your opinions. They're in fact, worth just as much as mine!

Edited by ala7769
typo

11 hours ago, ala7769 said:

I think YOU need to re-read the original post. She was bringing up an issue and was wanting opinions. You have been nothing but rude and disrespectful to numerous people.  She brought it to the cruise line's attention. I agree with the others, NOT YOU, that this should not be ignored. Someone was making a mistake and her complaint was the response she received when she brought it to their attention. it was careless and showed a lack of respect.  21 drinks. That's not minor. Re-read the posts and stop being rude to people offering their opinions. You are no better than anyone else and neither are your opinions. They're in fact, worth just as much as mine!

I agree my opinion is just like anyone else’s opinion, and different opinions can be all over the place. But this issue has one fact that can’t be disputed:

The OP did not lose any money due to this situation and therefore was not impacted by this financially. 

Based on this undisputed fact, I don’t understand what the OP is upset about, unless their goal is get someone in trouble or terminated. 

24 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I agree my opinion is just like anyone else’s opinion, and different opinions can be all over the place. But this issue has one fact that can’t be disputed:

The OP did not lose any money due to this situation and therefore was not impacted by this financially. 

Based on this undisputed fact, I don’t understand what the OP is upset about, unless their goal is get someone in trouble or terminated. 

This is what cracks me up. Just because the OP didnt lose anything finacially, and the fact it happened 21 times, even nights they weren't even there, people actually think it's no big deal. IMO, it is a BIG deal. They used her S&S number all week,and that is just wrong. It's a practice that needs to stop. Maybe they do want to get them in trouble, maybe not, either way they used her card to give someone else drinks, that in itself is bad news.  But its ok because she didnt lose money?  OK, whatever......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FSHLOT said:

This is what cracks me up. Just because the OP didnt lose anything finacially, and the fact it happened 21 times, even nights they weren't even there, people actually think it's no big deal. IMO, it is a BIG deal. They used her S&S number all week,and that is just wrong. It's a practice that needs to stop. Maybe they do want to get them in trouble, maybe not, either way they used her card to give someone else drinks, that in itself is bad news.  But its ok because she didnt lose money?  OK, whatever......

So why is it a big deal?  That is the issue I don’t understand. The only party that was potentially hurt here was Carnival, but Carnival wasn’t concerned about it per the OP.  Maybe I am thinking about this too much from a legal standpoint. If a plaintiff wasn’t hurt or harmed, there usually is no case to pursue. In this case the OP wasn’t hurt in any manner, so I can’t understand what she wants.  Or it could just be my view on life that life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  Or maybe it’s my favorite cruise related saying (I can’t take credit for it)...most people cruise to have fun, but some people cruise just so they can complain about something during and/or after the cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579