4 of us sharing a balcony room

turning50

2 inside cabins and the one who needs daylight, turn the TV to the ships cameras.  Try to get connecting cabins or cabins close to each other.

4 adults in a cabin is TIGHT, it could ruin a friendship!

Whatever you do, store luggage under bed - saves closet space.

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 4:13 PM, turning50 said:

3 girlfriends and myself are planning a cruise to celebrate turning 50. I was thinking 2 interior rooms. however one of the girls says I need daylight to wake up an alarm won't be enough for me. So now we are looking at all four of us staying in a balcony room on the valor. We are on a tight budget. They know someone will have to sleep on a upper. I am not ok on s bunk and made that clear but 2 of the other 3 are ok with that and are going to work it out between the two of them. I am pretty low maintainance. Is this doable. we are planing on driving from stl to nolo.

I would definitely go with the 2 inside cabins. 4 adults in a balcony room is going to be tough. Just curious, but what does your friend do if she has to wake up early to catch a flight or anything else that requires her to get her tush out of bed before dawn?

On 4/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, donaldsc said:

I would just tell her to buy a louder alarm clock.  Why should 3 people have to jump through hoops just because one claims that she can't get up unless she has daylight.

Another thought and this assumes that one of you will be getting up before the "must have daylight" person.  Bring a really high intensity flashlight and shine it in her face when it is time to get up.  Or else shake her until she gets up.  

I predict an interesting cruise.  Have you guys ever traveled together before?

DON

A glass of ice water would also work very well. 😁

On 4/12/2019 at 7:45 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Oh OK - got it.  We do just the opposite - we unpack everything, store the suitcases under the beds, and then each day put our clothes worn that day into the suitcase(s).  By the last night we're 90% packed.

I like this!

1 hour ago, SRF said:

We unpack, bring a folding hamper for dirty clothes.

Since we are headed home, packing is quick.  We don't care if things get wrinkled. 😄

My wife does something similar, but she uses packing cubes, so unpacking just amounts to transferring the cubes from the suitcases to the drawers.  Then she keeps one empty suitcase out which we use as a hamper.

I just hope we don't end up reading about OP's group in a headline like, Murder At Sea!!  

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, shipgeeks said:

Or oceanview across from interior.

What is the bed arrangement for four in the one cabin?  Two overhead bunks?

One overhead and the couch becomes a bed. We sailed last Labor Day with oldest daughter and 4yo grandson. Grandson loved the upper bunk!

• 2 weeks later...