New Excursion Booking Times?

Micktooth

Hi ALL, We will be sailing on the Viking Star July 11 for the Iconic Mediterranean Cruise. Today, I was checking My Viking Journey and it said that shore excursions will be available to book at 1:01PM MDT on May 5. (We're in a DV cabin). From what I've read on the boards, I thought excursions opened at 1AM?  Has Viking changed the reservation times? Thanks for your responses.

37 minutes ago, bobitegirl said:

I was just looking for this info on My Viking Journey and could not find my dates ANYWHERE.  Can someone tell me where this is?

If you can't find it on MVJ, then look on your Viking Guest Statement, which your TA or Viking agent should have provide you before you paid your deposit. It won't be on the first page of the document but further down.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, deec said:

I like the new time... this is the first I had heard this!  No more getting up in the middle of the night.  Thanks, Viking.

The new time is good but last week our Alaska excursions window opened and the site went down almost immediately.  Hopefully Viking will work on this issue. I went back in after an hour and was able to get the included excursions we wanted, others were not so fortunate, even missing out on some paid ones.  Good luck with yours!   

12 hours ago, FlaGirl13 said:

The new time is good but last week our Alaska excursions window opened and the site went down almost immediately.  Hopefully Viking will work on this issue. I went back in after an hour and was able to get the included excursions we wanted, others were not so fortunate, even missing out on some paid ones.  Good luck with yours!   

When the window opened for our cruise a couple weeks ago, I got in right at 12:01 PDT and booked our excursions.  Got everything booked - included and optional - in around 10 minutes.  But when I tried to bring up my schedule about 12 minutes after the window opened, I couldn't get the site to load at all.  Tried again around 12:30 - nothing.  Tried again around 12:45 - nothing.  Tried again around 13:00, and the page finally loaded. 

I made sure all of the excursions were actually there (which they were).  But I suppose that's just an issue they have to deal with having a single worldwide time for booking to open.

Don't forget, your cruise might not be the only one to have excursions opening that day.  It could easily be your category on your cruise, but a different category on a different cruise having your booking windows open at the same time.

13 hours ago, FlaGirl13 said:

As has been stated here before, keep checking as things do change, they just aren't going to tell you.  Last cruise I was not able to get an excursion I wanted that was sold out, but only because they added another time.  If I hadn't kept checking I would have had to try to arrange it myself.  We had the time in port to do so but there was a little amount of travel I didn't want to have to deal with so I was glad they made adjustments.