Summer 2021 Itineraries

Our TA has already prebooked us on our request. It was only a matter of us getting our first choice of cabin, We Did, and got an early morning confirmation.

Our TA is busy this morning negotiating back and forth with other customers that didn’t get their choice of cabin. We got our mid ship PH of choice. Friends accompanying us are still trying to get their extended balcony. Lots of politics seem to be involved! We gave our TA six cabins of choice in preference order so she wouldn’t have to come back to us mid stream. Fortunately we got #1. Doesn’t always happen. I remember one cruise, on opening day,  we wanted a PH3, and had to step up to a PH 2 and only had one of those to quickly take. Too many cruisers with far more status than we were also prebooked for that cruise!

Edited by pinotlover

2 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Booked Cape Town - Hong Kong. According to the Oceania representative it's already 1/3 full.

He said one of the Japan itineraries would be sold out by the end of today.

Amazing.

that is a fabulous itinerary!  Enjoy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Booked Cape Town - Hong Kong. According to the Oceania representative it's already 1/3 full.

He said one of the Japan itineraries would be sold out by the end of today.

Amazing.

Booked the Capetown to Singapore itinerary today.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, Paulchili said:

Annoying - maybe, but correct. Holland is a region in the country of Netherlands:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland

When you look at the list of states in UN you will not find Holland but you will find Netherlands.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_United_Nations#Original_members

It’s a little like America vs USA - the continent of America has a lot of countries and USA is just one of them.🙂

On 4/15/2019 at 3:17 AM, cbb said:

CintiPam--

I was interested in your WWII trip and we will be doing one a couple of years after ATW20.

I think we'll go with Stephen Ambrose Tours.    They have a couple of excellent ones, our favorite is DDay to the Rhine but they have new ones every year, some of which follows "The Band of Brothers."

We like the idea of traveling with an historian  (We've taken similar ones in the US with Smithsonian, especially a bunch of Civil War tours and they have been amazing)  and someone else does all the planning!!

As luck would have it, we lived in Ethiopia when I was young. I vividly remember our vacations to Cairo and Beirut. Athens and Nairobi as well. 

On 4/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:

Sure hope it helps!! Since We have 3 cruises in 2020 with O I wasn’t interested.

Good luck! Hope you find your cruise you want!

Denise😊

Dee    are you on the March 21 or 31 Riveria to Rome/   I will

On 4/14/2019 at 9:13 PM, CintiPam said:

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response.  That clarifies a lot for me.  Although I disagree with your point 1, I understand your suitcase point.   Also many do not sleep well the first night in a new bed. Your point about easy access to sites from ports in Japan is an excellent one. Also, I currently am looking to book hotels for a September driving trip (RT CDG) to the WWI battlefields of northeastern France (plus Battle of the Bulge and Rhine River Gorge) and am finding it challenging to book the middle between Relais-type and budget in these smaller towns.

I did this some years ago....Hotel  Churchill in Bayeux  small  but...all the tours pick up next to it.   I took a 4 day tour with Battle Bus   10 person tour... astounding.    Band of Brothers tours are good too  its a consolidation of several companies and does pacific theater as well as european.    Best hotels are the 2 and 3 star...you get a real feel for the local.     Rhine river is  good  but try Cochem...  Hotel Germaina on the Mosel  just up from Koblentz.      Boppard good too on the Rhine    Riquewire in France on the Rhine excellent......    

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Dee    are you on the March 21 or 31 Riveria to Rome/   I will

31st!!

we travel a lot and this worked for us.

we will be on Rotterdam in San Diego our home go through Panama Canal to FLL. Will go on 31st Riviera to Barcelona go to our condo in Niece than take the Monte Carlo to Barcelona. Will be in Paris for a month after. This worked great for us and since we have been living and traveling over there forever it is home.

Denise😊

1 minute ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

31st!!

we travel a lot and this worked for us.

we will be on Rotterdam in San Diego our home go through Panama Canal to FLL. Will go on 31st Riviera to Barcelona go to our condo in Niece than take the Monte Carlo to Barcelona. Will be in Paris for a month after. This worked great for us and since we have been living and traveling over there forever it is home.

Denise😊

Look foward to meeting you folks   Barb and I,   Used to live in Carlsbad... then Hawaii ( natch)  Ah  Nice....   I love the Maritime Alps   Gorge Verdon  St Martin vesubie.    In fact flying over in 3 weeks to drive the  ledge roads... Been poking around South if France for years Pont Du Arc, Ardeche'  .  Was in Paris in last May... all torn up putting in new metro lines... and the  amis du Juane    now.     Planning in Monte Carlo to zip up to the gorges Dlairus and Clans   and hour out of Nice. to show my wifeIMG_5312.jpg.1d9a62620bd8b9c9f53dd778ad95530d.jpg......bon vie !!

11 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I did this some years ago....Hotel  Churchill in Bayeux  small  but...all the tours pick up next to it.   I took a 4 day tour with Battle Bus   10 person tour... astounding.    Band of Brothers tours are good too  its a consolidation of several companies and does pacific theater as well as european.    Best hotels are the 2 and 3 star...you get a real feel for the local.     Rhine river is  good  but try Cochem...  Hotel Germaina on the Mosel  just up from Koblentz.      Boppard good too on the Rhine    Riquewire in France on the Rhine excellent......    

I require air conditioning and an elevator if more than one floor up to the room, which really eliminates a lot of hotels in smaller cities/towns such as Reims, Verdun, Trier, Koblenz, Bastogne and Amiens.

We enjoyed our four days in Normandy about ten years ago, also based in lovely Bayeaux, at a small B&B, tracing my father’s footsteps from Utah Beach.  His WWII service is the reason the Battle of the Bulge sites appear in the middle of our trip designed mainly to visit WWI sites.  

On 4/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, muggo11 said:

My husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and splurged on the Beyond the Band of Brothers tour through Europe, holland to Normandy to Berlin. He absolutely loved every minute. That was 5 years ago and he is still very much with us. No more splurging—we spend less  than his solo trip on a 21-30 day cruises for 2 now. Now the joke is he had better die or we are going to go broke. And I was just diagnosed with breast cancer!  And splurging on our first Oceania from Papeete to SF next April. Live your life, live your life!  

Oh Muggo. What a sweet testament to life and miracles your husband is. We did a splurge cruise after my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer also. That was 7 years ago and he works out at the gym 4 day a week and is all muscles. We are judicious with our travel dollars nowdays. I am sorry to hear of your cancer as well. Hope you are well into treatment and doing well. We are on the same cruise together Papeete-to SF. See you then.

Just to stay with this thread, we booked a 2021 cruise too!

• Like 2