Getaway Ocean Blue lobster rolls?

Prnsessmoi

I used to read about fantastic lobster rolls that were available from an Ocean Blue "lunch counter". But I haven't seen anything posted recently about either the lobster rolls or the lunch counter. Any info out there?

They were available on the Getaway this past October at the lunch counter on the Waterfront. Can't recall how much they were, but they were one of the things we missed out on during our sailing!

Breakaway has them on Sea Days too!  Watch the Daily for the hours.  A Lobster Roll was about $10 and well worth it to someone who lives in the west!  Great way to spend some of that OBC. 

Glad to hear Getaway still has them too.  Have a booked GA for November.  Lots of sea days on that 9 day cruise😎

On 4/7/2019 at 6:43 AM, slugg said:

For anyone else who may have gotten this lost in translation, the lobster rolls are sandwiches, not sushi. 

Thanks Slugg.  It didn't even dawn on me, that someone could think sushi.  But then again, I'm not a sushi person, so... 

1 hour ago, Prnsessmoi said:

Thanks Slugg.  It didn't even dawn on me, that someone could think sushi.  But then again, I'm not a sushi person, so... 

Poor naming on NCL’s part, in my opinion. Hah!

13 minutes ago, Langham1865 said:

Why is it poor naming... that's exactly what we call them in New England!

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agree..we also call them exactly that in the South...they are good...

There is a LARGE world out there, much larger than The South and New England! 😉

I can't imagine how anyone in the world could think lobster roll meant anything other than lobster roll. It's a sandwich. If someone says cinnamon roll, do we need to clarify that we don't mean sushi? Good grief. I've only ever heard of one lobster roll in my life, and it's the same one everyone else has heard of, except the one person in this thread.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

I can't imagine how anyone in the world could think lobster roll meant anything other than lobster roll. It's a sandwich. If someone says cinnamon roll, do we need to clarify that we don't mean sushi? Good grief. I've only ever heard of one lobster roll in my life, and it's the same one everyone else has heard of, except the one person in this thread.

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one.   I just had Lobster Roll at the sushi restaurant this past weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColinIllinois said:

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one.   I just had Lobster Roll at the sushi restaurant this past weekend.

I didn't say they didn't exist. I said I've never heard of them. So I'm not wrong on that one. I really haven't. I've eaten lobster at sushi restaurants many times, but mine have always had some trendy fancy name. LOL!  And sorry you've not heard of the sandwich. They are good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

I didn't say they didn't exist. I said I've never heard of them. So I'm not wrong on that one. I really haven't. I've eaten lobster at sushi restaurants many times, but mine have always had some trendy fancy name. LOL!  And sorry you've not heard of the sandwich. They are good. 

Oh trust me, I've had plenty of lobster rolls of the sandwich variety.  I was stationed in Maine for four years while I was in the Navy.   Heck, they even put lobster on pizza up there.  🙂

30 minutes ago, tripgrl said:

Are the lobster rolls served warm or cold?

When we were there, both were an option. I had cold, hubby had warm. his was better (that's been two years though, so I'm not sure what currently is served).

but just seeing this picture makes my mouth water..

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/06/reasons-to-dine-at-ocean-blue-norwegian-getaway/