Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Prnsessmoi

Getaway Ocean Blue lobster rolls?

Recommended Posts

I used to read about fantastic lobster rolls that were available from an Ocean Blue "lunch counter". But I haven't seen anything posted recently about either the lobster rolls or the lunch counter. Any info out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were available on the Getaway this past October at the lunch counter on the Waterfront. Can't recall how much they were, but they were one of the things we missed out on during our sailing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone else who may have gotten this lost in translation, the lobster rolls are sandwiches, not sushi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on Getaway in January and they were still there.  Only available from the walk up counter on the Waterfront on sea days from either 11am or 12noon to 2 pm.  And as a native  New Englander, they are spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakaway has them on Sea Days too!  Watch the Daily for the hours.  A Lobster Roll was about $10 and well worth it to someone who lives in the west!  Great way to spend some of that OBC. 

Glad to hear Getaway still has them too.  Have a booked GA for November.  Lots of sea days on that 9 day cruise😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 6:43 AM, slugg said:

For anyone else who may have gotten this lost in translation, the lobster rolls are sandwiches, not sushi. 

Thanks Slugg.  It didn't even dawn on me, that someone could think sushi.  But then again, I'm not a sushi person, so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prnsessmoi said:

Thanks Slugg.  It didn't even dawn on me, that someone could think sushi.  But then again, I'm not a sushi person, so... 

Poor naming on NCL’s part, in my opinion. Hah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slugg said:

Poor naming on NCL’s part, in my opinion. Hah!

Why is it poor naming... that's exactly what we call them in New England!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Langham1865 said:

Why is it poor naming... that's exactly what we call them in New England!

 

 

Agree..we also call them exactly that in the South...they are good...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Langham1865 said:

Why is it poor naming... that's exactly what we call them in New England!

 

 

 

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agree..we also call them exactly that in the South...they are good...

There is a LARGE world out there, much larger than The South and New England! 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Getaway on Sunday. Ocean Blue Window was open for lunch on sea days only. Lobster roll is still available (and still fantastic) for $9.75.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine how anyone in the world could think lobster roll meant anything other than lobster roll. It's a sandwich. If someone says cinnamon roll, do we need to clarify that we don't mean sushi? Good grief. I've only ever heard of one lobster roll in my life, and it's the same one everyone else has heard of, except the one person in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

I can't imagine how anyone in the world could think lobster roll meant anything other than lobster roll. It's a sandwich. If someone says cinnamon roll, do we need to clarify that we don't mean sushi? Good grief. I've only ever heard of one lobster roll in my life, and it's the same one everyone else has heard of, except the one person in this thread.

 

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one.   I just had Lobster Roll at the sushi restaurant this past weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColinIllinois said:

 

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one.   I just had Lobster Roll at the sushi restaurant this past weekend.

 

I didn't say they didn't exist. I said I've never heard of them. So I'm not wrong on that one. I really haven't. I've eaten lobster at sushi restaurants many times, but mine have always had some trendy fancy name. LOL!  And sorry you've not heard of the sandwich. They are good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

 

I didn't say they didn't exist. I said I've never heard of them. So I'm not wrong on that one. I really haven't. I've eaten lobster at sushi restaurants many times, but mine have always had some trendy fancy name. LOL!  And sorry you've not heard of the sandwich. They are good. 

 

Oh trust me, I've had plenty of lobster rolls of the sandwich variety.  I was stationed in Maine for four years while I was in the Navy.   Heck, they even put lobster on pizza up there.  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, tripgrl said:

Are the lobster rolls served warm or cold?

When we were there, both were an option. I had cold, hubby had warm. his was better (that's been two years though, so I'm not sure what currently is served).

but just seeing this picture makes my mouth water..

https://eatsleepcruise.com/2017/06/reasons-to-dine-at-ocean-blue-norwegian-getaway/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love those pictures!  

Counting the days now until I will be sitting on the Waterfront and enjoying my lobster roll on the Breakaway🛳️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...