Carry On Beverages Question

My family will be boarding Anthem of the Seas next Saturday in Bayonne.  We are a group of 4 in two cabins.  I know how much non alcoholic beverages and wine we can bring.  We will all be checking in together and what I'd like to do is put all the allowable beverages for both cabins in one carry on bag.  Does anyone know if that would be a problem?  Do the beverages have to be checked?  Do they have to be "packaged" by cabin? I searched and read a few other threads but couldn't find the answer.  RCCL customer service knowledge of port procedures tend to be hit or miss for me.  Any info will help.  Thanks all.

Putting everything in one carry on is more likely going to end up with you being stopped and questioned.  It may be a challenge to explain the multiple cabins involved but you should be okay unless you happen to encounter someone who is being tough just to be tough.  Security in terminals are not RCI or ship employees, but local contractors who may not get the nuance of multiple cabins.  They just see someone breaking the rules.   

I did a B2B on Anthem and brought 4 bottles of wine.  This is allowed but by policy two bottles are taken and delivered to you at the beginning of the 2nd leg.  In my case I had two bottles in a roller bag and 2 bottles in a backpack.  They went through xray right after each other.  They never said anything or questioned me because they likely assumed one bag belonged to someone else.  

Had I put 4 bottles in one bag it would be very heavy but also would have likely caused them to stop and question it.  Not being employees the concept of B2B and take two for the 2nd leg would have gone way over their heads.  

4 bottles in one bag has a high probability of being noticed by security. After a long discussion with supervisors the 4 bottles will probably be allowed to proceed. Unless you enjoy the hassle of arguing with supervisors do yourself a favor and pack the wine in 2 bags. 

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Putting everything in one carry on is more likely going to end up with you being stopped and questioned.  It may be a challenge to explain the multiple cabins involved but you should be okay unless you happen to encounter someone who is being tough just to be tough.  

9 hours ago, TravelerThom said:

4 bottles in one bag has a high probability of being noticed by security. After a long discussion with supervisors the 4 bottles will probably be allowed to proceed. Unless you enjoy the hassle of arguing with supervisors do yourself a favor and pack the wine in 2 bags. 

7 hours ago, spookwife said:

carry on and you'd be doing your self  a favor by splitting them up by cabin allowance.   if you absolutely must, you can always  repack the bags after you have checked in and are  waiting to board.  

Thanks everyone!  This is helpful.  I will just pack in separate bags for each cabin and keep it simple for security and ultimately myself. 

We are sailing from San Juan and leave at 8:30.  Can we bring 2 bottles of wine and our 12 pack of soda on the ship when we board early and unpack.  Then, take our empty carry on off the ship and buy more supplies and come back on?  

How/would they know that we already brought on some earlier? 

10 minutes ago, kendevjay said:

Thanks everyone!  This is helpful.  I will just pack in separate bags for each cabin and keep it simple for security and ultimately myself. 

You should not have an issue with it in one bags since you will have a set sail pass for each person and can show them that you have two cabins.  Bayonne is fairly strict on liquids anyway and will open the bag to check.  Pack it the way that works best for your family.

• Like 1