Zip Lining - Vista Paraiso Tours & Activities

marcia014

I booked with Vista Paraiso in advance via email. I came in to Puerto Vallarta on the Carnival Splendor and was told where to meet the transportation. The arranged location was stated as Collage Disco, which was about a mile from the cruise port in the opposite direction of most local transportation.  I arrived via taxi a few minutes in advance.  I'm glad I took a taxi as I don't think I would have found it on my own as the disco was under construction with scaffolding all over the facade. I first met Hector, the driver, who was wonderful.  There were two others at this meeting point and they were staying at a local resort.  Hector made sure we were comfortable and told us all about the area, the history, and local facts and lore.  We stopped at one location but the people we were supposed to meet did not show up.  We then went to a resort and picked up a large family group.  The total transportation time was about one hour.  Upon arrival, I paid in cash and was assigned a locker.  You are told not to take anything on the zip line tours.  As I was paying, a lady came up to the cashier and stated that her credit card fell out of her pocket during the zip lining and was gone, and she wanted to leave her contact information in case it showed up.  Take heed, don't put things in your pockets! 

There were about 20 of us on this tour, and they gave everyone the safety equipment, an orientation about how things work, and loaded us onto two open air trucks to go to the top of the course.  We were not assigned an order, but there were volunteers to go first and others who wanted to wait to go toward the end.  There were areas on the course where we walked up steps, hiked up and down between zips, walked across a rope bridge, and one place where we had to go up many switchbacks with loose rocks so this is not for someone with limited mobility. The zip lines were great! I had never been zip lining before, and Micho and the rest of the guides made sure we were always comfortable, safe, and having a great time.  There were several locations where we could see the ocean in the distance, but it was several miles away.  Water was provided at specific times between zip lines, and there were areas with palapas for shade when we had to wait.  There were 8-10 guides and two photographers assigned to our group and all were professional and safety conscious while having fun and sometimes joking with us.  At the end of the tour, Nando offered a flash drive with photos for sale which he allowed us to preview before purchase.  Hector also drove me back to Puerto Vallarta after dropping others at their resorts so I got to see more of the area.  I requested to be dropped off at Walmart across from the port and as there were not others going all the way into Puerto Vallarta, Hector was very willing to accommodate my request.  Overall, this was an excellent excursion - I would do it again!

DSC_0282.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

Glad you had a great time.

I timed the one and only uphill walk at 3 minutes and 45 seconds. Some of the other zip line areas have multiple up hill hikes of 10 to 20 minutes each and hundreds of steep stairs to climb because you have to hike 100 percent of it.  

Vista Paraiso is like a walk in the park compared to the others because they easily transport you to the top of the mountain and start right away. 

Other zip line areas have mentioned 80 plus people on the tour during cruise ship days and the lines backing up 20 minutes.  

I have done  Vista Paraiso many times and plan to go again this month. 

Thanks for the information on getting to Collage Disco and the ride there and back.  What time did your cruise ship dock and what was the earliest you could leave?  I'm guessing people who booked  overpriced tours booked through the cruise line get off first?  I can't remember with ours. What was the pick up time  at Collage Disco?  About  what time did you get back?  I see 7:50  and 10:50 pick up times so assuming 10:50 am pick up time.

I'm thinking it would be nice to get dropped off at Bucerias on the way back and enjoy the late afternoon there at the    beach bars and maybe some shopping.

Thanks.  

Edited by CRiverCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

CRiverCruiser, the ship docked at 8:00 am and there was no real wait to exit the ship.  I waited until about 10:00 and the meeting time at the Collage Disco was 10:50.  Hector was really good about leaving on time - someone else was supposed to be there with us, but didn't show up so he left at about 10:53.  This was a great excursion and a wonderful first experience with zip lining!