CARNIVAL MAGIC DELAYED 07APRIL ???

c-legs

Anybody knows what's happening with her.  8;15pm EDT and still moored ar port.

due out at 4;00pm !!!  There is a port authority ship with flashing lights near her aft...and has been there

for hours....

Another case of lost the keys again.  LOL.

I saw on the webcam earlier today there was a big crane next to Magic maybe off-loading on on-loading stuff for maintenance reasons. 

We'll be on her next April 2020 for an 8 day cruise. 

I noticed that too....but those types of ''loading'' are normal in case of a ship heading to drydock.

MAGIC is ,supposedly,on a regular 7 days sailing. Next stop Amber Cove. She's all lit up  and guests are obviously on board....so, not a drydock event.

I suspect the presence of a port authority vessel ( Dade county sheriff, harbour police, UCG.whatever)near her aft is tied with some ''emergency'' divers maintenance activities.  Not an infrequent event.

I also noticed that, aas at 9;30pm ,the ''disco-types lights display on top deck started as they would if there was a show just starting.....Could this be a ''charter'' sailing with the opening ''shot'' a Janet Jackson performance, on site, static in port  ?

Thanks,Chrisc1309 for your post

This actually explains a lot. I was on the Magic arriving back to port last Sunday. They had a crane lifting equipment on board and I could have sworn they were concert type speakers. I figured they were replacing the sound system while sailing this week.  Looks like it was prep for this charter. 

Edited by Chrisc1309
Spelling

Found it.   Yes Janet Jackson is part of the Tom Joyner foundation chartered cruise on Magic this week.   Suspecting the crane I saw earlier was to load stage and concert equipment onboard.

https://urbanbridgez.com/2019/02/20/janet-jackson-to-headline-the-tom-joyner-foundation-fantastic-voyage/

Edited by Brad1972

I feel bad for the people boarding the next cruise. We went after them a few years ago and it was the latest boarding I've ever experienced. We were in the terminal well after noon watching people still getting off. Staff said no one wanted to leave and just kept hanging around the ship. It was horrible. 

Oh my gosh!  I was on a cruise a few years back (Carnival Breeze) and I experienced huge delays for this same charter group  getting off the ship just like you stated, JaxsMama.  My husband and I were moved from one area of the terminal to another and then to another - we didn't board until after 2:00 and we are Platinum.  Lucky for me I had a few snacks with me in my carry-on bag.  Guess what?  We are going on Carnival Magic, but our cruise is in a few weeks so we shouldn't have a problem.  I hope all goes well for the cruisers boarding next Sunday!

8 minutes ago, cruiselover** said:

Oh my gosh!  I was on a cruise a few years back (Carnival Breeze) and I experienced huge delays for this same charter group  getting off the ship just like you stated, JaxsMama.  My husband and I were moved from one area of the terminal to another and then to another - we didn't board until after 2:00 and we are Platinum.  Lucky for me I had a few snacks with me in my carry-on bag.  Guess what?  We are going on Carnival Magic, but our cruise is in a few weeks so we shouldn't have a problem.  I hope all goes well for the cruisers boarding next Sunday!

Maybe on the same sailing, ours was Breeze April 2015.  We had FTTF and got on around 2. Terminal was crazy full and all the vending machines were empty lol.  A mess.  Thank God it was before we starting taking our kid!

1 hour ago, cruiselover** said:

Oh no - guess who will be one of those boarding next Sunday....I better be onboard with cocktail in hand before 2pm.

1 hour ago, cruiselover** said:

Unfortunately, this is me ... We are on this ship next week, board on Sunday. Please tell me what to expect. I have 2 little kids (5 and 2) so I really want to be prepared. 

The cruise I had a problem with was Carnival Breeze - April 19, 2015 (I just checked the date so JaxsMama and I must have been on the same cruise).  Anyway, My husband and I got to the cruise terminal around our usual 10:30 or 11:00 AM and sat and sat for a few hours before boarding.  Along with the problem that the previous passengers weren't debarking in a timely manner, we heard there were some areas of the ship that needed extra attention with minor repairs and more thorough cleaning.  I cannot verify that information - it's just what we were told.

I would recommend that anyone boarding this Sunday to plan on waiting a bit.  Hopefully, the Carnival crew can get this weeks passengers to debark on time, but if not, at least you're getting a head's up.  Since you have small children, JulianneBK, I would have snacks with you for the cruise terminal if your boarding time is delayed at all because that would also mean your lunchtime is delayed too.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you do not have an issue like I experienced in 2015.  Since this particular charter group has been able to book Carnival a  couple times I would think the cruise line has corrected any problems.

1 hour ago, JulianneBK said:

Unfortunately, this is me ... We are on this ship next week, board on Sunday. Please tell me what to expect. I have 2 little kids (5 and 2) so I really want to be prepared. 

My daughter will be boarding the week after you, so save some food and booze for her!! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

We have a cruise scheduled for next February leaving out of Galveston. I am curious--does Carnival ever charter a ship leaving Galveston and if so, how can we find out in advance if our ship is chartered the week of or week before our scheduled cruise?

Edited by Loyal Buckeye

I completely agree with 'grandmarnnurse' that the charter groups must follow the same rules as the rest of the passengers.  I was really hopeful that Carnival would not let the charter group that just finished their cruise on the Carnival Magic repeat their behavior from the Carnival Breeze, April 2015 cruise.  On John Heald's blog today, he wrote that the oncoming passengers each received a credit of $50.00 due to 'unforeseen circumstances'.  Well, if this same charter group was a problem in the past, why did they let them return again?  They are costing the cruise line a heck of a lot of money and upsetting a lot of passengers with these delays.  I checked for 2020 and this same group will once again be on the Carnival Magic on April 5, 2020!  Look out all of you boarding the following week.  History may just repeat itself again.

28 minutes ago, cruiselover** said:

I completely agree with 'grandmarnnurse' that the charter groups must follow the same rules as the rest of the passengers.  I was really hopeful that Carnival would not let the charter group that just finished their cruise on the Carnival Magic repeat their behavior from the Carnival Breeze, April 2015 cruise.  On John Heald's blog today, he wrote that the oncoming passengers each received a credit of $50.00 due to 'unforeseen circumstances'.  Well, if this same charter group was a problem in the past, why did they let them return again?  They are costing the cruise line a heck of a lot of money and upsetting a lot of passengers with these delays.  I checked for 2020 and this same group will once again be on the Carnival Magic on April 5, 2020!  Look out all of you boarding the following week.  History may just repeat itself again.

WHAT???? I am booked on the April 5 cruise on the Magic for my 50th Anniversary cruise! I just bought an excursion!! 

I am so sorry - I made a mistake with the dates for 2020.  The charter group boards Carnival Magic on March 28, 2020 and gets OFF the ship April 5, 2020.  I guess you'll be waiting in the terminal a while before you can begin your cruise.  You at least might get the $50.00 per passenger in onboard credit to enjoy for your anniversary 'grandmarnnurse'.  My husband and I didn't get any compensation in April 2015 for our delay.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruiselover** said:

I am so sorry - I made a mistake with the dates for 2020.  The charter group boards Carnival Magic on March 28, 2020 and gets OFF the ship April 5, 2020.  I guess you'll be waiting in the terminal a while before you can begin your cruise.  You at least might get the $50.00 per passenger in onboard credit to enjoy for your anniversary 'grandmarnnurse'.  My husband and I didn't get any compensation in April 2015 for our delay.

OMG! Give me a heart attack! Lol! Thank you for the clarification! But I hope they don’t hold up my boarding as I bought FTTF. At least I still have my cruise. Thank god.