Cannot wait for 2021 bookings to open!

MandyMooToo

I have read a lot saying this is a cruise line for millennials, which I am not, but my husband and I are psyched!  He is 52 and I am 43, we are pretty laid back and only look for cleanliness, fun activities and good food on a cruise.  We have a couple cruises booked for this year and next so I am hoping to book for 2021.  Any idea when the itineraries will open up that far out?  Is anyone else in our age range excited for this new cruising vibe?

HIya Mandy.......Im excited for a bit sooner than that.   I am waiting for Nov 2020 to open up.    Assuming VV is keeping with the current 4/5 days, we are going to do a B2B.   I called VV last week and the was told the rumors in the office were expecting the next schedules to be offered in the June time period.  So yes, the excitement is building!

dave

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

HIya Mandy.......Im excited for a bit sooner than that.   I am waiting for Nov 2020 to open up.    Assuming VV is keeping with the current 4/5 days, we are going to do a B2B.   I called VV last week and the was told the rumors in the office were expecting the next schedules to be offered in the June time period.  So yes, the excitement is building!

dave

Awesome, thank you for passing that info on. We are thinking about a B2B also since we prefer 7 days. We drive from Northeast Tennessee so a 12-14 hour drive for only 5 days hurts!  I so hate to fly but we may give in when we book VV. 

Same reason for us......the drive from MB is about 11 hours.    If we dont do a B2B, the other option would be a couple days in Key West pre cruise to get in vacation mode.     We were just in Costa Maya in November so would do Dom Rep and Havana for our two cruises.    Also trying to get some friends to join us for one or both cruises.

And with 20 restaurant options.......4 or 5 days is just not enough time to check out the ship and relax and eat our way through the cruise!

On 4/8/2019 at 7:24 AM, MandyMooToo said:

Is anyone else in our age range excited for this new cruising vibe?

Absolutely. I'm turning 50 this year. My honey and I are both interested in going. Like you, I'm not ready to book anything the inaugural year, but I'm looking forward to what's coming next. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I’m booked on the Sept 13, 2020 5 day cruise as a try out so to speak. If I like the product I’ll book a 2021 while onboard. My impression is that the second ship will come out the later part of 2021, so a Nov Dec cruise would be spot on...hoping the second ship will be doing 7 day sailings 😈👹😜

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 5:08 PM, RMS Olympic said:

Well I’m booked on the Sept 13, 2020 5 day cruise as a try out so to speak. If I like the product I’ll book a 2021 while onboard. My impression is that the second ship will come out the later part of 2021, so a Nov Dec cruise would be spot on...hoping the second ship will be doing 7 day sailings 😈👹😜

Hi all i would love to see his second ship home base Barbados, and do a cruise and stay product very similar to Tui cruises, he has the aircraft and most of the Island,s can be touched on a week,s cruise  I.E the A.B.C island,s with Grenada,  Trinidad and Tobago with the Grenadines so much to see on a week cruise, then chill out with one of there Hotels for a week stay.

5 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi all i would love to see his second ship home base Barbados, 

Flights to Bridgetown are not cheap and the capacity is not there.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Flights to Bridgetown are not cheap and the capacity is not there.

Hi Biker

Have done many cruises with  Marella formerly Thomson part of the TUI group and Royal,the ships they have now as you might know are the ex RCI  old fleet the legend and Splendour both have had big make overs and my self liking the old traditional cruise ships are the ideal cruiser for the Caribbean flying from the UK and doing B.B or stay and cruise. i see Carnival do San Juan and Barbados  with the Facination year round just a thought. with Virgin doing the flights from the UK.

36 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Have done many cruises with  Marella formerly Thomson part of the TUI group and Royal,the ships they have now as you might know are the ex RCI  old fleet the legend and Splendour both have had big make overs and my self liking the old traditional cruise ships are the ideal cruiser for the Caribbean flying from the UK and doing B.B or stay and cruise. i see Carnival do San Juan and Barbados  with the Facination year round just a thought. with Virgin doing the flights from the UK.

Other lines may have occasional turn arounds in Bridgetown, but trying to fill a 2,200 person ship every week, would probably not be very cost effective for VV - very different situation from San Juan where you have a large local population that can also fill the ship along with much higher airline capacity.

43 minutes ago, S4POPO said:

Hang tight, they might be able to add Cuba back in 2021. 😉

Let's hope so! Because without a take-out cruise offering or the Cuban route, the 2020 itineraries are just a big zero, for many of us! They also need to come up with something longer than a 5-night cruise, if they ever expect to attract anyone who has to fly to Miami!

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, wwcruisers said:

Let's hope so! Because without a take-out cruise offering or the Cuban route, the 2020 itineraries are just a big zero, for many of us! They also need to come up with something longer than a 5-night cruise, if they ever expect to attract anyone who has to fly to Miami!

Yes, the 2020 itineraries  are a big zero to us also even with only an hour drive to Miami.  By the time we are unpacked it is time to pack up again.  Need much longer cruises.   At least a few.   With much better ports. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unless I'm missing something, I'm still just seeing 4 & 5 nighters (to the same old places) -- the only exception being those two longer 'holiday cruises'. Just don't see how VV expects to attract any West Coast cruisers (or anyone who has to pony-up significant airfare) with those itineraries! 🙄

• Like 1

Disappointed with the new itineraries and lack of additional 7 day options.  I was planning on switching my 4 day sailing to something longer, but none of the new prices come close to the price per day I'm already locked into and I'd only pick up 1 extra day.  Maybe once they launch their second ship there will be something better.

4 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Unless I'm missing something, I'm still just seeing 4 & 5 nighters (to the same old places) -- the only exception being those two longer 'holiday cruises'. Just don't see how VV expects to attract any West Coast cruisers (or anyone who has to pony-up significant airfare) with those itineraries! 🙄

Well I’m coming all the way from Sydney Australia to do the 5 night Mayan Sol, so giddy up I guess!! 😂

1 minute ago, JoeKrano said:

Well I’m coming all the way from Sydney Australia to do the 5 night Mayan Sol, so giddy up I guess!! 😂

WOW -- that IS a long way! I hate to fly -- so, those lovely long cruises to Australian and NZ are SO tempting (just have to figure out how to get home, lol!)😎

B2B also for us next September. The flight from Seattle is just too long for only 4 or 5 days! I'm sure they'll be extending the cruises and finding more creative ports once they have a second ship completed. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 1:29 AM, twodjs said:

B2B also for us next September. The flight from Seattle is just too long for only 4 or 5 days! I'm sure they'll be extending the cruises and finding more creative ports once they have a second ship completed. 

If they don't get more creative with the ports than they may be out of business pretty soon.  Would be too bad. 

3 hours ago, RJB said:

If they don't get more creative with the ports than they may be out of business pretty soon.  Would be too bad. 

Hey RJB,

I think VV is counting on Bimini to be a big deal for them.  I booked them mainly because of the new ship and the Bimini location.  I think they know they will have to step it up.   In the meantime if Bimini takes off and a buzz is created I would expect tons  of gen Xers and Millennials to book and yes a few boomers.

They own Brightline now and the relationship with the South Beach Hotels where they can create land and seas vacays leads me to think they will do very well.  JMO in fact I booked them early to get a close look at VV.

Edited by Nymich