Cannot wait for 2021 bookings to open!

MandyMooToo

12 hours ago, Nymich said:

Hey RJB,

I think VV is counting on Bimini to be a big deal for them.  I booked them mainly because of the new ship and the Bimini location.  I think they know they will have to step it up.   In the meantime if Bimini takes off and a buzz is created I would expect tons  of gen Xers and Millennials to book and yes a few boomers.

They own Brightline now and the relationship with the South Beach Hotels where they can create land and seas vacays leads me to think they will do very well.  JMO in fact I booked them early to get a close look at VV.

Sure don.

Don't need them to go to Bimini. A quick boat ride or a plane ride will get us there if we want to go.  I guess only time will tell.  For us hope they put on some better ports. 

On 9/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, RJB said:

If they don't get more creative with the ports than they may be out of business pretty soon.  Would be too bad. 

None of the other cruise lines have problems selling cruises to Costa Maya, Cozumel, DR, San Juan, Key West, or the Bahamanian private islands, so why would VV?

Edited by hotsauce126

5 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

None of the other cruise lines have problems selling cruises to Costa Maya, Cozumel, DR, San Juan, Key West, or the Bahamanian private islands, so why would VV?

With other cruise lines it is one or two of many other good stops, Not Mexico, the murder capital  of the world or DR where many people get sick from the food or drink or San Juan where there were demonstrations in the streets.  Just a very bad choice of ports for them.   Hope they get better next year as  we really want to try the ship. 

Remember, VV is primarily targeting people who have never been on or even considered cruising before.  Their research obviously shows it's easier to get people to try a 4-5 day cruise rather than a 7+ day cruise.  Unfortunately, without doing a longer itinerary, it's impossible for them to hit the better ports in the Virgin Islands or Southern Caribbean.  Costa Maya is one of the nicer ports in Mexico and feels completely safe, while the Dominican problems are sensationalized and hardly widespread.  Would you rather go to Jamaica?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Remember, VV is primarily targeting people who have never been on or even considered cruising before.  Their research obviously shows it's easier to get people to try a 4-5 day cruise rather than a 7+ day cruise.  Unfortunately, without doing a longer itinerary, it's impossible for them to hit the better ports in the Virgin Islands or Southern Caribbean.  Costa Maya is one of the nicer ports in Mexico and feels completely safe, while the Dominican problems are sensationalized and hardly widespread.  Would you rather go to Jamaica?

Been there in Oct.   Port Antonio Did not love it but it was hooked up with 4 days in Cuba which was great.  Also a day in Nassau which was O.K.   Let's see what they do next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 3:24 PM, MandyMooToo said:

I have read a lot saying this is a cruise line for millennials, which I am not, but my husband and I are psyched!  He is 52 and I am 43, we are pretty laid back and only look for cleanliness, fun activities and good food on a cruise.  We have a couple cruises booked for this year and next so I am hoping to book for 2021.  Any idea when the itineraries will open up that far out?  Is anyone else in our age range excited for this new cruising vibe?

Hi looking at cruise schedules for Gibraltar 2021 looks like Scarlet lady will be working around  the Med booked into Gib many times, could be based in Barcelona.

2 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi looking at cruise schedules for Gibraltar 2021 looks like Scarlet lady will be working around  the Med booked into Gib many times, could be based in Barcelona.

Sounds like the beginning of a good plan,  When we see the whole thing then we can think about booking.