Independence 4/15 - return to cruising! Have a few ?

Hi everyone!  My first cruise in 12 years...crazy!  Going on a spring break cruise with my 13 year old- her first time. I had a few questions for the regulars: we are booked in a JS on deck 9- I was reading last night that this is directly under a cantilevered hot tub...is this a bad thing?  

What to do in Coco Cay?  I’m assuming water park won’t be open yet?  Was thinking of renting a cabana or beach spot for some much needed sun..how does food and drink work on the beach there?  

Flying into FLL very early...my docs say arrive noon. I figured we would have breakfast at the airport and then head over to the port. Should I arrange private ground transportation or is uber at FLL a fine way to go?  Does anyone have a transportation company they recommend?

i guess I last cruised prior to the ultra digital age...I saw luggage tags I could print out with my docs...I guess I just tape that flat on our luggage??

thank you!  

Taxi is the usual mode of transport between FLL and Port Everglades.  Should be around $20 total.

The Luggage Tags are meant to be folded (for strength) and then wrapped around the luggage handle and stapled together.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Taxi is the usual mode of transport between FLL and Port Everglades.  Should be around $20 total.

The Luggage Tags are meant to be folded (for strength) and then wrapped around the luggage handle and stapled together.

Thank you! 

56 minutes ago, JSK1121 said:

What to do in Coco Cay?  I’m assuming water park won’t be open yet?  Was thinking of renting a cabana or beach spot for some much needed sun..how does food and drink work on the beach there?  

We have only been to Coco Cay once, years ago. On both Coco Cay and Labadee if you have any of the drink packages (soda, refersh, delux) they all work on the island. There is also free beverages such as lemonade and punch. There will be a free buffet as well or other included food. The big pool is now open and is included. There are tons of free loungers on the beach, so you only need to rent something if you want to. When do you leave?

23 minutes ago, WisconsinFan said:

We have only been to Coco Cay once, years ago. On both Coco Cay and Labadee if you have any of the drink packages (soda, refersh, delux) they all work on the island. There is also free beverages such as lemonade and punch. There will be a free buffet as well or other included food. The big pool is now open and is included. There are tons of free loungers on the beach, so you only need to rent something if you want to. When do you leave?

4/15...not soon enough! 

• Haha 1

We'll be on the Indy later on this month.  🙂 I too was wondering about the "luggage tags". They're paper, lol. I remember years ago having nice plastic ones that actually lasted. I was just going to not use the paper ones...but they are needed or do they give better ones at the port at check in? I just don't see how paper ones are going to last the flight. 

Don't put the luggage tags on until after your flight.  Too many chances of them being torn off or removed.

I fold them, punch a hole in the top and use a strong twist tie to put on my luggage handle. 

• Like 2

Go on Amazon and search for "Royal Caribbean Luggage Tag Holders". 

These are plastic sleeves which hold the luggage tags, along with wires to attach the holders to the suitcase. Put them on the suitcase after your bags arrive in FLL.

Be sure to get RC tag holders, other cruise lines have different size luggage tags. 

3 hours ago, SG65CB said:

These are plastic sleeves which hold the luggage tags, along with wires to attach the holders to the suitcase. Put them on the suitcase after your bags arrive in FLL.

Be sure to get RC tag holders, other cruise lines have different size luggage tags. 

These are they - come in a neat little drawstring bag. They  have metal cords to fasten round  your luggage. Absolutely great!

20190409_083943.jpg

17 hours ago, JSK1121 said:

Hi everyone!  My first cruise in 12 years...crazy!  Going on a spring break cruise with my 13 year old- her first time. I had a few questions for the regulars: we are booked in a JS on deck 9- I was reading last night that this is directly under a cantilevered hot tub...is this a bad thing?  

Flying into FLL very early...my docs say arrive noon. I figured we would have breakfast at the airport and then head over to the port. Should I arrange private ground transportation or is uber at FLL a fine way to go?  Does anyone have a transportation company they recommend?

i guess I last cruised prior to the ultra digital age...I saw luggage tags I could print out with my docs...I guess I just tape that flat on our luggage??

thank you!  

You are flying in morning of the cruise??????  Good Luck, and hope all goes as planned with your flight.  Most cruisers in this day and age fly in the day prior.

13 hours ago, Crunchymom said:

We'll be on the Indy later on this month.  🙂 I too was wondering about the "luggage tags". They're paper, lol. I remember years ago having nice plastic ones that actually lasted. I was just going to not use the paper ones...but they are needed or do they give better ones at the port at check in? I just don't see how paper ones are going to last the flight. 

I print my luggage tags on CARD STOCK and then insert them in the RCCL tag holders I ordered a few years ago from Amazon.  No problem.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

You are flying in morning of the cruise??????  Good Luck, and hope all goes as planned with your flight.  Most cruisers in this day and age fly in the day prior.

Thank you fro your good wishes. I’m thr first flight out at 6 am and it’s onky 2 hours...not at all concerned. 

9 hours ago, SG65CB said:

This is great. I just ordered them. Thank you! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JSK1121 said:

This is great. I just ordered them. Thank you! 

We used those luggage tag holders on our Indy cruise and they worked great!  I'd recommend putting them together before your flight but not on the luggage then once you land you can pull of the airplane tags and the cruise ones will be ready to go!

• Like 1