Best Excursion?

CarnivalCruiser32

We're going Southern Caribbean on the Carnival Horizon for my niece's birthday. She will be turning 5! We've looked at the excursions on Carnival's website and none of them stand out as something we HAVE to do. She can’t snorkel and we doubt she’ll be down to learn any time before her birthday because of the mask situation. Maybe she’ll prove us wrong? Who knows? In the meantime though we’re looking for something to do in Aruba that ideally involves a beach and swimming of some sort. We’ve never been before so any tips/tricks/advice/personal experiences you’d like to share we’d greatly appreciate!! Especially looking for folks to share experiences with the Carnival shore excursions as we’re a little nervous to take one apart from the cruise line. We’re willing to consider other excursions but would just feel better if it were with Carnival if possible

Palm Beach and Eagle Beach are accessible by taxi.  Both are good for just a beach scene.

For an excursion to see the island, look into Trikes Aruba.  Great tour, many scenic vistas.  Do the morning tour.  Get an automatic trike.

Also, take a look at Surfside Beach. I'm sure that Carnival doesn't have an excursion there, but it is very easy to get to by taxi, and is just a few minutes from the ship. Depalm Island is great for kids. You can probably book that through the ship. I'm not sure if a 5 year old would be allowed on the Trikes tour, and I don't think that I would take a 5 year old in one. We've done it before and love it, but they are like 3 wheel motorcycles, go through some very congested traffic, and there are no helmets.

• 3 months later...

We will be going to Aruba in September with our 5 year old son and Ive been desperately looking for an excursion that will interest him but coming up short.  I have been looking into De Palm Island because he LOVES water slides and their aqua park looks like it would be a blast for little ones - except on RCCL it said that from August 12 - December their aqua park was closed for maintenance.  I just emailed De Palm directly to get more information.