Barefoot Beach questions

Husband and I are travelling on Allure in June. We are in a GS and will have Barefoot each access. We also have booked a parasail and a jetski just to relive our youth.

Is there enough shade to forgo a cabana? While he doesn't mind playing in the sun my husband no longer likes laying in the sun thanks to a few basal cells.

A tree or umbrella would be fine.

Also what is the cost of the cabana should we go that route? 

Thank you!

There are some trees and palapas and other shady areas where you can move your chair. The cabanas have become extremely expensive, especially if you are going to be gone half the time for excursions. 

3 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

There are some trees and palapas and other shady areas where you can move your chair. The cabanas have become extremely expensive, especially if you are going to be gone half the time for excursions. 

Thank you!

I'm a redhead, and therefore I don't do chairs in the sun.  

I've been to every beach on Labadee, and Barefoot does have shade available, especially if you get there early-ish.  

No way would I spend money on a cabana if I were doing excursions as well.  While very nice to have (I've been with friends who got one and invited me along), they are expensive and not necessary.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Husband and I are travelling on Allure in June. We are in a GS and will have Barefoot each access. We also have booked a parasail and a jetski just to relive our youth.

Is there enough shade to forgo a cabana? While he doesn't mind playing in the sun my husband no longer likes laying in the sun thanks to a few basal cells.

A tree or umbrella would be fine.

Also what is the cost of the cabana should we go that route? 

Thank you!

Just an fyi, we are on Harmony and the concierge informed us that the over the water and beachfront cabanas are reserved for Star class.

1 hour ago, Sitzmark said:

Just an fyi, we are on Harmony and the concierge informed us that the over the water and beachfront cabanas are reserved for Star class.

They get first pick, but other suites can book them if star class does not. That is how I understand it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

They get first pick, but other suites can book them if star class does not. That is how I understand it.

Perhaps, but this is what I received last night.

"Thank you for choosing the beautiful Harmony of the seas for your upcoming cruise

Nowadays all over the water and beach front cabana are reserved for Star Class suite"

2 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

"Thank you for choosing the beautiful Harmony of the seas for your upcoming cruise

Nowadays all over the water and beach front cabana are reserved for Star Class suite"

Well that really stinks. We are Sky class this time (in October) and were going to book a cabana over the water like we did last time. We were star class last time so got first pick, but that really stinks that now only star class is allowed to book them. If any suite class is willing the pay the same price for them, then they should be able to book them if they are available. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

I believe that's RESERVED for, but available to others if the Star Class folks don't want them....

Because they're not free to Star Class folks, and it doesn't make any sense to leave them empty if someone else wants to book them.  Royal is all about revenue!

I'd ask to be placed on the waitlist.... and go ahead and purchase one at Nellie's if they're still available.  If your waitlist option comes through, you can cancel the Nellie's cabana.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I believe that's RESERVED for, but available to others if the Star Class folks don't want them....

Because they're not free to Star Class folks, and it doesn't make any sense to leave them empty if someone else wants to book them.  Royal is all about revenue!

I'd ask to be placed on the waitlist.... and go ahead and purchase one at Nellie's if they're still available.  If your waitlist option comes through, you can cancel the Nellie's cabana.  

meh, might just stay on the boat.  That's what we did last time we were at Labadee.

24 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

meh, might just stay on the boat.  That's what we did last time we were at Labadee.

I know lots of people do this, but I adore Labadee.... mainly because it doesn't cost me a dime!  LOL

I just drift in the water all day, taking in the gorgeous view.  Living in Michigan, we don't have warm water very often!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I know lots of people do this, but I adore Labadee.... mainly because it doesn't cost me a dime!  LOL

I just drift in the water all day, taking in the gorgeous view.  Living in Michigan, we don't have warm water very often!!!!

Drifting in water vs chair in sun. 🤔

Seems both put you in sun

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Drifting in water vs chair in sun. 🤔

Seems both put you in sun

Hat and sunscreen for the head/face... long sleeve swimshirt and leggings for the extremities.  

Nothing ruins a cruise like a blistered sunburn.... no thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Because they're not free to Star Class folks, and it doesn't make any sense to leave them empty if someone else wants to book them.

Agree with this.  If there are beachfront or OTW cabanas left after Star Class has had their chance, they will rent then to any suite passenger.  They're not going to let them go empty when someone is willing to pay for them !

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

Agree with this.  If there are beachfront or OTW cabanas left after Star Class has had their chance, they will rent then to any suite passenger.  They're not going to let them go empty when someone is willing to pay for them !

They even rent to non suite passengers eventually.  Adding BB access to those who dont generally have it, makes them slightly more affordable 

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

They even rent to non suite passengers eventually.  Adding BB access to those who dont generally have it, makes them slightly more affordable 

Hmmm..never realized that they ever rented to non-suites.  I understand it though.

30 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

apparently only if you are star class.

We had moved back to the regular cabanas.

But I'll bet the unused OTW eventually make the pool of available. I've been to BB many times and seen empty OTW cabanas. 

You know there are only 10 or so STAR cabins.

Edited by John&LaLa

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

There are only a handful of Star class suites- maybe 8? 10? on Allure. As of today there is only one Star class booked on our cruise. If we decide on a cabana it doesnt matter where it . we will probably stick with a tree!