Breakaway SPA

funinthsun

I'll be on Breakaway in May, after she relocates to Miami. Can anyone tell about the spa?  In particular, the thermal pass.

We got so spoiled on MSC Seaside.. (fantastic thermal suite area).. I'm thinking of getting one, but I would really like to hear a little feedback...

Is there a salt room, sno room?   Thanks in advance.

Hi we had the Thermal Spa passes on Breakaway for a NYE sailing this year.  All 3 of us loved the Spa, it was a great place to get away from the crowds and the spa never felt crowded.  There was a salt room....no snow room.  A few other sauna like rooms, the heated tile loungers along with lots of other regular loungers with window views.  Hot tub, pool along with a therapy type of pool attached to regular pool with some strong currents that was really nice to be in.  Overall, a great experience and we would definitely purchase again!

• Like 1

DH and I took took the BA out of NY 7 times during its years home ported there. I got the Spa Pass every time, the spa is my “excursion”.  The BA Spa has a small coff, tea, ice water “bar” as you enter, then loungers and heated loungers stretching from startboard to port. There’s a large “therapy pool” with jets along the side at intervals, a waterfall in the center.  There’s a jacuzzi on one side of the pool and a cut out section of the pool with massive jet/bubble action on the other side.  

Then stretching back toward the port side there’s a sauna, a steam room, a salt room and a scented steam room (great for opening up sinuses).  It’s a lovely area; quiet, relaxing even when crowded.  I hope you enjoy it.

12 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Anyone have any idea how much the pass is?  Going on BA 7 day in August..

Price was $249 on the Bliss for a seven day Caribbean (compared to $199 on Escape the year prior).   Just went in February 2019.  Don’t know if it’s a fleet wide increase or just the Bliss. Looking at my app for Breakaway next February, it’s odd that no price is shown. 

17 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Do they let you take a tour/peek inside before you commit for the week?  Seems like $400 for two is a lot to spend without seeing it first

I’ve always been offered a spa tour on all other ships x

On 4/8/2019 at 9:07 PM, funinthsun said:

I'll be on Breakaway in May, after she relocates to Miami. Can anyone tell about the spa?  In particular, the thermal pass.

We got so spoiled on MSC Seaside.. (fantastic thermal suite area).. I'm thinking of getting one, but I would really like to hear a little feedback...

Assuming that the Thermal Suite on Breakaway is identical to Getaway, you will find a sauna, a steam and a salt room. There are heated loungers, and a hot tub. There is one large pool with numerous jets, a waterfall, and a lounge area. In addition to the heated loungers there are plenty of regular loungers.

We bought the weekly passes on our Breakaway Bermuda cruise a few years ago. If I remember correctly you could buy a day pass is there were any available. It all depended on how many weekly passes had been sold. Also I believe that they would also be available on port days.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:10 PM, YankeesFan4Life said:

Do they let you take a tour/peek inside before you commit for the week?  Seems like $400 for two is a lot to spend without seeing it first

Yes. On embarkation day, you can tour the spa BEFORE muster. You lose a small advance purchase discount if you buy onboard. 

On 4/8/2019 at 9:07 PM, funinthsun said:

The Spa on the BA is great, here is a video I did of it...  

• Like 2

Thalassotherapy pool (the big pool) in the thermal suite on Breakaway was not heated this past week. (Usually it's 'warm', but not hottub hot.) 

Didn't bother complaining about it (ship was understaffed and had a lot of other issues). Maybe it'll be fixed by then.

Otherwise the spa area was fine.