My sister and I won a Carnival Cruise!

MCazer

On 4/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, MCazer said:

Have never sailed Carnival before.  But after attending the Farewell show for Kathie Lee on this past Friday, we were surprised with a free 4 Night cruise on Carnival.  Kathie Lee used to be their spokesperson, so Carnival gave everyone in the audience a free cruise for two!

We should be sailing this June on the Sunrise, and I’m very excited, as I see that she is being retrofitted right now.

We will be buying a drink package. But is there anything else I need to know? Mostly sail on Royal and Celebrity, so not familiar at all.

thanks! 

When I saw the post headline, I wondered if you might have been at the show. Somehow, I can see the "voucher" you received showing up on many fake Carnival facebook pages in the future! LOL

57 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

When I saw the post headline, I wondered if you might have been at the show. Somehow, I can see the "voucher" you received showing up on many fake Carnival facebook pages in the future! LOL

The voucher was really only a piece of paper that had the email address of the person I needed to contact at Carnival.  And unless you had filled out the tax paperwork with social security info etc for 1099, and had it match your info when emailing, you would SOL 

i didn't post any part of that info anyway, so if they do show up, it’s not my doing! 😂 

On 4/14/2019 at 12:08 PM, SNJCruisers said:

No reason to state the obvious regarding the higher amount of kids cruising during the summer on main stream cruise lines.

Why not? It was my post and just MAYBE they didn't know about the higher amount of kids. Not everyone like kids around during their vacation.

5 hours ago, Cobrakev said:

Why not? It was my post and just MAYBE they didn't know about the higher amount of kids. Not everyone like kids around during their vacation.

Fully aware of the fact that not everyone likes kids around on their vacation.  There is a difference between well behaved children and unruly rug rats.  But it is overkill and stating the obvious that there are more kids on a cruise during June.  it would be the equivalent of saying that there will be kids at Disney World. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Fully aware of the fact that not everyone likes kids around on their vacation.  There is a difference between well behaved children and unruly rug rats.  But it is overkill and stating the obvious that there are more kids on a cruise during June.  it would be the equivalent of saying that there will be kids at Disney World. 

Plus OP is a very experienced cruiser and parent as well as a resident of NY with knowledge of their school schedule.  But I’m sure it was intended as helpful information. Thankfully this thread isn’t full of naysayers warning OP to burn that voucher and stick with her usual choices of RC and Celebrity if she values her time, safety and life in general.

I hope she’ll come back to tell the tale afterward.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations!! You're going to love the cruise director too! He's Chris Williams (aka The Flying Scotsman) and be sure to catch his performances in the Atrium. If you frequent the social media sites look for him there. He's doing videos from the ship while the construction is concluding.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BigEasyCC said:

Congratulations!! You're going to love the cruise director too! He's Chris Williams (aka The Flying Scotsman) and be sure to catch his performances in the Atrium. If you frequent the social media sites look for him there. He's doing videos from the ship while the construction is concluding.

Thank you, I will look for him on google, so I can follow along!