Freedom of the Seas secret locations

We are getting ready to sail on the Freedom of the Seas out of San Juan in June.  Does anyone who has sailed on the ship have any secret locations to share (hard to find places to see, quiet locations to relax,  hidden hot tubs, good coffee/snack areas,  etc.) This will be our 1st time on the ship.  Thanks.

All the way forward in the Solarium, there is a door on each side.  Open that (very heavy) door, and there are chairs there (kinda like Adirondack chairs), maybe a dozen or so.  It's closed off on the front end by the gym, and separated from the Solarium by the door, so it's nice and quiet (unless you get someone talking loudly for no reason).  

Nice view, quiet, shaded, and out of the way.  

Deck 13 forward is now a sea of loungers (hundreds it seems), with almost no one using them.  It's a bizarre waste of space since they added the forward cabins......

There are no "hidden hot tubs".  The people who love to soak in them will find them.

Deck 4 is always quiet and a great place to see the water, relax and walk.

Edited by bouhunter

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

All the way forward in the Solarium, there is a door on each side.  Open that (very heavy) door, and there are chairs there (kinda like Adirondack chairs), maybe a dozen or so.  It's closed off on the front end by the gym, and separated from the Solarium by the door, so it's nice and quiet (unless you get someone talking loudly for no reason).  

Shoot, how did I not know this? I'm assuming it would have been the same on Indy (and Liberty)?  I'll need to try this on my next cruise in this class!

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Very rarely do I ever see someone in there.  Most likely, since the door is so heavy and there is no sign, I almost feel like you shouldn't go there.  I have sat in there once or twice on the past (on Liberty) and it is nice. I always thought it would make a great smoking lounge* since it's secluded, closed-off and out of the way.

* - not trying to start a smoking vs no-smoking debate.  Just a way to keep smokers off the main pool deck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Doors in Star Lounge will take you to the helipad. Less stairs that way

March we spent two weeks on the Freedom and didn't realize this. Good to know. Good way to avoid going through the Connoisseur Club. 

Edited by davekathy

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

March we spent two weeks on the Freedom and didn't realize this. Good to know. Good way to avoid going through the Connoisseur Club. 

Only the starboard side doors in the lounge lead outside (at least for guests).

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Only the starboard side doors in the lounge lead outside (at least for guests).

Went over it on my Mariner Odyssey 

Pretty much same layout as Freedom

Starboard doors

20180427_134709.jpg

Doors back into lounge

20180427_134747.jpg

The stairs you want to avoid

20180427_135147.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I saw that on Independence and assumed it was crew only. Dang it... I was reading and there were loud folks with music in the solarium and I ended up moving. I didn't realize I could go in there. 

1 minute ago, Mikew0805 said:

I saw that on Independence and assumed it was crew only. Dang it... I was reading and there were loud folks with music in the solarium and I ended up moving. I didn't realize I could go in there. 

Adventure has/had that also. Starboard side is now JS balconies

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I didn't even notice it until I saw a deckhand come out the door.... then I got nosy and investigated.  

At first, I thought the door was locked, because it's SO heavy.... but I persevered and was rewarded!

24 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I didn't even notice it until I saw a deckhand come out the door.... then I got nosy and investigated.  

At first, I thought the door was locked, because it's SO heavy.... but I persevered and was rewarded!

That is how I saw it. A crew member went through and I was in the first chair about 15 feet in front of the door. When I saw her go back, I peeked but could not see anything. I am not usually a shy one to not just open a door like that, but for some reason I didn't... now I wish I had. 

6 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

That is how I saw it. A crew member went through and I was in the first chair about 15 feet in front of the door. When I saw her go back, I peeked but could not see anything. I am not usually a shy one to not just open a door like that, but for some reason I didn't... now I wish I had. 

Yeah, we nurses aren't usually the type to shy away from stuff!

Now you'll just have to cruise again to check it out!

6 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Yeah, we nurses aren't usually the type to shy away from stuff!

Now you'll just have to cruise again to check it out!

That is not a problem... looks like I am going to be booking Jan 24 on Indy. Will def check it out this time!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

What's a peekaboo bridge?

Viewing area on deck 11 forward, to look down onto a portion of the bridge area, which is on deck 10.  This is outside, right in front of the fitness center.

Only exists on Voyager class ships.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Viewing area on deck 11 forward, to look down onto a portion of the bridge area, which is on deck 10.  This is outside, right in front of the fitness center.

Only exists on Voyager class ships.

Mariner

IMG_2829.JPG

• Thanks 1