NCL wheelchair assistance in Seattle

jakesnana

Going on the NCL Bliss from Seattle and renting a scooter (which will be waiting in cabin).  I have contacted Guest Access for NCL and they informed me that the wheelchairs and attendants are not allowed to leave the terminal building in Seattle, therefore I would have to walk from the drop off point into the terminal building.  At that point, they would just drop me off in the lobby.  With very limited mobility, how do you get from the drop off point into the terminal and then from the lobby to the cabin (to pick up the scooter). Thanks.

While I can not speak for the procedure at Seattle's Pier 66, I can explain what happens at Seattle's other terminal (Pier 91).  Passengers in wheelchairs are transported off the ship by ship staff to the luggage area.  There, the passenger is transferred to a pier staffer.  Then pier staff will transport the passenger through the Border?Passport Control area, and then out to ground transportation.  I would imagine that it is a similar process at Pier 66.

The NCL season kicks off May 4 & 5.  Hopefully, a cruiser or staff person will report back to you how it all works.

I just realized you were asking about embarking.  At Pier 91, the pier staff will transport passengers needing wheelchair assistance from the ground transportation drop off area into the terminal building all the way through check-in.  After check-in, passengers are taken on board by ship staff.  Again, I am guessing it is a similar procedure  at Pier 66.

11 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I just realized you were asking about embarking.  At Pier 91, the pier staff will transport passengers needing wheelchair assistance from the ground transportation drop off area into the terminal building all the way through check-in.  After check-in, passengers are taken on board by ship staff.  Again, I am guessing it is a similar procedure  at Pier 66.

Thank you, I have gotten conflicting reports about whether or not their is wheel chair assistance outside the terminal building. While I can kind of understand why ship's staff cannot leave the terminal building, your explanation makes the most sense so I'm hoping that's how it will go at Pier 66.

• Like 1