Tapatalk Help Please

I have just about given up on the App and am using a short-cut to the Cruise Critic site on my phone.  Is there a way to get around constantly having to log in on the App.  It seems each time you leave a page it signs you out and you have to keep logging back in.  I tried contacting Customer Service but they were useless.

Would Tapatalk experts help me please.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ereggae

The TapATalk app is not a support CruiseCritic app.    It is run by an outside Chinese company and can be used for multiple forums.  CruiseCritic originally subscribed with them to create a CruiseCritic App but dropped it with the roll out of the new software.     Photos that you upload are not hosted on CC but are hosted by the TapATalk server.

It's the TapaTalk app I am talking about.  I joined the Cruise Critic Group in TapaTalk and will log in fine but if I go to notifications and try to go back there it logs me out.  Very frustrating.  Not my favorite.

3 hours ago, CardRock said:

It will not even let me log into the app.  I put in the same Login & password I just used on my laptop and it comes back with FALSE...nothing else, just FALSE

Are you using the old CruiseCritic's Forum app or the official TapATalk App.   

The old CruiseCritic Forum app doesn't work (no longer supported) and you are unable to logon.   The TapATalk app on the other hand will.   You will have to select Cruise Critic from many of the forums it supports.

• Thanks 1

I’m not tech savvy at all so I may be explaining this wrong...but there used to be a Cruise Critic app.  It is no more.  When I want to get to the website on my phone I just type in Cruise Critic into either Google or Safari and voila! there I am.  I have to log in once...then never again unless I’ve rebooted my phone.

I can then read, post etc.

CC Hosts have stated that the CC app stopped working after the new format was put in place, but they are working with the developer to update the stand-alone CC app to work with the new format. No timeline was given, though.

OP, are you talking about getting logged out of Tapatalk or CC? I can actually log into CC while using the Tapatalk app, without logging into Tapatalk itself. When the app opens, you might have to do a search for Cruise Critic in the search bar at the top, but once you see it, you can log in to it without logging in to your Tapatalk account. It doesn't log me out when navigating around Cruise Critic. I don't know if it would log me out if I closed the app because I always log out anyway.

Are they ever going to fix the 20 thread fetch problem? I have to login to cruise critic every time I open the Tapatalk app. I can deal with that on my iPad. It's the only fetching 20 threads per forum that drives me batty.

The browser-base UI on iPad is bad, IMO. I think switching to that new platform was a big mistake on CC's part.

I'd rather use Tapatalk. Without Tapatalk, I do not read or participate in the forums any more.

Tapatalk is a third party app.  I cannot troubleshoot any tapatalk issues due to that unfortunately.  However if you use the contact us button on tapatalk to report any issue you are having their support team is very helpful

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I know this isn't a current topic but does anyone know how or if you can see signatures in Tapatalk on a phone? 

Suzy, you may be able to see signatures on a phone using Mobile Web. Turn your phone sideways. Works on my Samsung S9