Marriott BeachPlace Towers

MrsPhoenix91

Hello - my husband & I are considering the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers as a potential option for our pre-cruise stay next year (the Sunday after Thanksgiving).  The only "negative" thing I have read is that you have to walk through the shopping mall, then take an elevator up 2 or 3 floors to the hotel lobby.  Has anyone else stayed here before?  Thanks in advance.

If the restaurants at Beach Place are of interest to you, then sure.  Hollywood Beach is substantially better than Fort Lauderdale in nearly all respects, so I'd take the Hollywood Beach Marriott, personally.  But the FLL location is more than decent.

We stayed there a few years ago and enjoyed it.  Elevators at the time were incredibly slow because they were working on them the whole week.  Elevators are actually in the parking garage under the Marriott (which is across the street from the beach, not directly on it).  Those are the only real negatives I can think of and none of them were a deal breaker for us.  We stayed on points and our room was fairly high up so we had a pretty good view of the sunrise.  We had a really nice two bedroom unit with plenty of space.  

Here's another Marriott in FLL that we LOVED - we stayed there for a wedding on property last year and thought the resort was pretty amazing.  I wish we would have gone a day or two earlier and spent more time there.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllsb-fort-lauderdale-marriott-harbor-beach-resort-and-spa/ 

• Like 1