Cruise Critic Community
meaggs02

1st time to Bermuda with 3 kids by myself

First time I am traveling with my 3 kids as a newly divorced mom.  We will be in Bermuda for a day and a half at the end of June on the Carnival Sunrise.  I have twin 16 year old girls and a 7 year old little boy.  I am guessing we will want to do beach time, but what beaches and how should we get there?  Appreciate any and all help!  I am a bit nervous!

There's nothing to be nervous about. Bermudians are friendly, beaches are beautiful,  the US dollar is accepted everywhere so there are no worries about exchanging currency, and there is well-organized public and private transportation, so it's easy to get around.

For a first time visitor looking to go to a beach I recommend Horseshoe Bay. It's considered one of the world's best and has full facilities...food, drink, rest rooms, chair and umbrella rental, etc. Obviously it's very popular so it can be crowded, but if you just walk a short distance down the beach from the area closest to the parking lot you'll find the crowd thins out.

For transportation to and from the beach I'd recommend the shared ride shuttles that run between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay. They cost $7 per person each way (assuming the price hasn't changed since last year) and leave as they fill up, so there's no need to worry about schedules. If you want private transportation a taxi for 4 will cost about $35 plus tip each way.

We're on your sailing with our 14-year-old son. We were in Bermuda last October and LOVED it. My son enjoyed the caves, and this time wants to do some cliff-jumping at Admiralty Park. We may also check out Tom Moore's Jungle. Horseshoe Bay is fabulous, and so is Tobacco Bay. See you onboard!