Soda cost on Oasis of the Seas

I’ve just tried multiple ways to do a search on this topic with no luck.  I’m sure it’s been asked repeatedly, so I’m sorry.  What is the cost for fountain soda per drink on Oasis?  At dinner do you pay per soda or do the servers charge once and then refill as needed?  We are Princess cruisers and usually just buy the package.  However the RCI package for the two of us in August is $179!  That’s a lot of soda.  I’m not sure we will get our money’s worth since this is a port intensive cruise with full day excursions in every port.  Thank you.

1 minute ago, californiagirl said:

Really?  That’s surprising.  I don’t like the freestyle machines and was hoping to walk up to a bar and order a fountain Diet Coke.  Also order it at dinner.

Thank you for your quick response.  Has anyone had a different experience?

You aren't limited to the freestyle machines with the package and can still get fountain from a bar with it.  It's that if you don't have the package they'll give you a can, and a glass of ice if you'd like.  

Really?  That’s surprising.  I don’t like the freestyle machines and was hoping to walk up to a bar and order a fountain Diet Coke.  Also order it at dinner.

Thank you for your quick response.  Has anyone had a different experience?

If you have a soda (or other unlimited beverage) package, you are not required to use Freestyle machines.  You can get a fountain soda at any bar or restaurant using your SeaPass card, no special cup needed. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I really appreciate it.  As I said, that is surprising to me.  If you don’t want soda in a can, RCI really forces your hand.  Of course I can always just drink water.  🙂

This is our first time on RCI and I have to say it is much more expensive overall than Princess.  I’ll be curious to see if the product is worth the higher price.

Thank you again.

This is our first time on RCI and I have to say it is much more expensive overall than Princess.  I’ll be curious to see if the product is worth the higher price.

This is surprising to me.  Princess is similar to Celebrity (RCI's luxury brand) and Carnival is similar to RCI.   I would think it would be cheaper than Princess in most cases.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

... If you don’t want soda in a can, RCI really forces your hand.  Of course I can always just drink water....

Or iced tea, or juice, there are free options if you like.

To clarify the soda in a can, beverage package or not if go to a bar and ask for something they don't have on the tap, they'll give you a can. If you want coke or ginger ale, I have seen they use the tap and a glass with ice.

I don't think the dining room gives free refills unless you have a package of course.

Without a beverage package they'll want to give you cans as this is considered a better value for the passenger - not diluted or mixed wrong from the tap BUT if you get friendly with bar tenders and ask, I'm sure you can also ask for tap instead of cans, just be prepared for them to offer cans.  I'm sure they'd get far more complaints by just offering soda from the tap but I preferred it as well when I drank sodas so I understand.

53 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

This is surprising to me.  Princess is similar to Celebrity (RCI's luxury brand) and Carnival is similar to RCI.   I would think it would be cheaper than Princess in most cases.

Though Cruise prices can depend on ship and sailing dates...  Me as a Soda drinking I miss the days when it was free with meals on Royal

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

Without a beverage package they'll want to give you cans as this is considered a better value for the passenger - not diluted or mixed wrong from the tap BUT if you get friendly with bar tenders and ask, I'm sure you can also ask for tap instead of cans, just be prepared for them to offer cans.  I'm sure they'd get far more complaints by just offering soda from the tap but I preferred it as well when I drank sodas so I understand.

This is true. I ordered a coke at the bar on the freedom and he filled a glass from the fountain but when i handed him my card he saw i didn't have package he offered me a can instead said it was a better deal. I think glass of soda was same price as can but it was small and had ice in it. I took the can and just asked for a can next time also. I doubt they would not sell you a fountain soda if you wanted it though, can is just a better deal.