Just asked by Royal to downgrade

22 hours ago, celebrity said:

They have some nerve asking a passenger to downgrade. Doesn’t matter the reason. 😡

There was one person they offered a complete refund of cruise fare to downgrade. A lot of people wish they'd get that call. 

I got a call last year asking to switch cabins.  Not a downgrade — just to move about 6 cabins away to accommodate a family with a minor child.  Not a big deal to me and was happy to help out a family.  RC gave me $175 OBC so I thought it a good deal.  Katherine

• Like 4

• 10 months later...

I was asked to downgrade from Grand Suite to Junior Suite on Liberty of the Seas sailing on February 23, 2020.  They offered a Junior Suite, $200 on-board credit, and fully refunded our entire cruise fare (except for port charges).  So basically, we sail in a Junior Suite for 7 days for free.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Keith8210 said:

I was asked to downgrade from Grand Suite to Junior Suite on Liberty of the Seas sailing on February 23, 2020.  They offered a Junior Suite, $200 on-board credit, and fully refunded our entire cruise fare (except for port charges).  So basically, we sail in a Junior Suite for 7 days for free.

enjoy your free cruise!

15 minutes ago, Keith8210 said:

I would take that deal in a heart beat! 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Keith8210 said:

Love it

Royal Caribbean called last night with the offer and the offer was accepted this morning. They said they overbooked. They said that I get to keep all the Grand Suite perks - but I have nothing in writing. They said it was coded in the computer. If you hear any screaming Sunday afternoon, it's probably me trying to explain the situation to the boarding agent in Galveston for the millionth time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Keith8210 said:

Interesting.  They were offering several of us half off the cruise and $300 OBC.  Same sailing. We have to GS booked.

18 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Keith8210, when did they make that offer and did they give you a reason?  Are you still able to get GS perks?  For a free cruise I would totally do it but I know Mr Wolf will never give up his GS perks - he loves the breakfast and the disembarkation too much!

No suite perks.  And there are several of us that got called but declined but the deal RC wanted to give us was 50 percent off the amount we paid and $300 OBC.  Three of us that I know of all declined.

17 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Have a great cruise on Liberty and report back.  I think MJ is the suite concierge and he's a great guy so if you have any issues, I bet he will take care of you.

JS do not get access to suite lounge.  That is why we declined.  The ladies I am going with are all Emerald's and below.  They want the lounge and I did not want to utilize the lounges by myself. 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:51 AM, Kteacher said:

Apologies for not being on CC every moment of the day to read every post/thread.  The offer was 100 obc for each of us (2), and half off our cruise fare. We’ve been cruising for a very long time, and this was the first time we’ve ever received anything like this from Royal.

Don't blame you for passing.