Cruise Critic Community
Kspray818

Taxi for 6 adults 2 kids

How easy is it to get a taxi for 6 adults and 2 kids (age 3 and 1) at Kings Wharf and then throughout Bermuda? Everything I’ve read has said there are taxis for 4 or 7 people. I wonder if the 7 people taxi would fit our party? And if they’re readily available at the taxi zone or should we call a particular taxi service and arrange ahead of time. Any service you recommend for prearranging taxis? We will need a few taxi rides as I plan to go to Hamilton, St George’s, and Horseshoe Bay over a 1 night dock stay. Note I’m not looking for taxi tours, simply taxi transport. I plan to do my own research and explore the places on our own time as our party is large and unwieldy w 2 kids. Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

My suggestion is that your plans are too ambitious for a single overnight.

From the dockyard, there are ferries back and forth to St George's and Hamilton. There are mini buses that will take you to Horseshoe Bay.

1025cruise gave you good options. Ferry to Hamilton or St. George’s. There are minibus shuttles to Horseshoe that can take your group to Horseshoe. Otherwise you need to do a tour for a group your size to do ll those places in one day. Or break up your group into two. Exploring on your own with eight including two toddlers will be unwieldy. A tour or breaking up the group would work better.

Thank you. Even if I hold the baby where he’s not taking up a seat, we can’t take a taxi? 

Thank you. Even if I hold the baby where he’s not taking up a seat, we can’t take a taxi? 

I can only tell you that taxis are not supposed to take more than 7. Taxis are regulated in Bermuda. I can’t say what any individual taxi driver will allow you to do. Like anywhere some will follow rules to the letter and some may not.