Age of p&o cruisers

Vampiress88

13 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

53.  England won the world cup whilst I was on my first cruise ship, the old Soviet Baltika from Tilbury to Leningrad.  Those were the days 🚢

Don't you mean West Ham won the world cup,lol.

Only been cruising since 2016. Azura x2, Ventura x2 and Britannia once.

55 minutes ago, brian1 said:

err, my team Mansfield Town beat West Ham 3-0 in feb 1969 in the fifth round of the FA cup and all the world cup stars played. We were in the then Div. 3.😉

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Son of Anarchy's memory might be a bit sketchy Brian - after all if he is 53 now, doesn't that mean he was about 1 year old when England won the World Cup???

31 minutes ago, dave2 said:

Only been cruising since 2016. Azura x2, Ventura x2 and Britannia once.

err, my team Mansfield Town beat West Ham 3-0 in feb 1969 in the fifth round of the FA cup and all the world cup stars played. We were in the then Div. 3.😉

A lot can happen in 3 years,lol.

37 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Son of Anarchy's memory might be a bit sketchy Brian - after all if he is 53 now, doesn't that mean he was about 1 year old when England won the World Cup???

Legends are passed on thru generations.

• Like 1

55 and 'just' 58 (that is important!)

First cruise in 2009 on Ocean Village and haven't looked back

To be honest I think that age is not something you 'are' but what's in your head. Generally, the only time I really feel my age is when I look in the mirror ……………..

14 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

As majority is of an older generation to me what do you all think of children on cruises? 

Mine are currently 3 & 4. We will be going during term time this year 

next year they will be 4 & 5 but this will be during school holidays when I assume it will be more acceptable by most as it says cruise on school holidays on the listing. 

We still work in a school so have to go in the school holidays (obviously!). To be honest we don't mind having the little 'uns around us and seeing families together having a good time as long as the parents are keeping and eye and ensuring that they are behaving themselves. I.e. not dive bombing in the adults only pool or chasing around like they are the only ones there. (and that just the parents ………….. )

Glad to see there are some more mature cruisers on this thread. I am 68 and Ian is 65. In my head I feel a lot younger!

Our first cruise was in 2001 with Princess to the Hawaiian Islands and we  became hooked instantly. 4 cruises booked for Fjords, Caribbean, the Baltic’s and Canaries in 2021 on Iona. Have sailed on most of the P&O ships and have loved everyone.

• Like 1

Well unless some people are telling porkies we are nearly the oldest. 

We have been at it since 2001 and we have now done quite a few cruises.

We can’t make our minds up as to whether or not we like cruising.

🙂. 🙂. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our ages are 70 and 62.

We started cruising in 2001 on Thomson Topaz and hated it.  It took us until 2004  to try another on P & O Oceana, now almost 60 cruises later we are well and truly addicted.

We prefer the Adult only ships but have young grandchildren who are desperate to go cruising with us so maybe trying Oceana again in the future. 

Sue

• Like 1

Will be taking or 50th cruise this year.  We are 72 and 85.  Only two P&O cruises to our name and we came late to the party.  We ventured to P&O because we were told that it had a more mature passenger list, which is what we were looking for and fortunately what we found. ( Don't own a cell phone nor able to operate one and dislike the unsociable behaviour they have created ). 

1 hour ago, Narrow boat girl said:

We are 58 and 63 and Britannia in May will be our first ever proper cruise we have Narrowboat and cruise on that but it's not quite the same. Really excited 3 weeks to go😎

We love Britannia, despite others reservations.

I really think it has struck the right balance as there is something for everyone.

Despite its large numbers it has enough public space to cope in our opinion, we always managed to find a quiet spot for a cheeky G&T when needed.

Have a fantastic time,

Andy

1 hour ago, Narrow boat girl said:

Thanks Andy I do tend to take the critical comments with a hefty pinch of salt🍾

As in life, you can't please everybody all of the time, so I accept people's negative experiences as genuine, but fortunately, I have only ever had niggles that would not ruin my holiday. 

But my niggles would probably be somebody else's catastrophe....

I hope your experience is the same as ours.

Andy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

As in life, you can't please everybody all of the time, so I accept people's negative experiences as genuine, but fortunately, I have only ever had niggles that would not ruin my holiday. 

But my niggles would probably be somebody else's catastrophe....

I hope your experience is the same as ours.

Andy

Very well said Andy, that’s exactly the approach that I take. There is very little in life that is “perfect”, so I don’t let little niggles spoil it for me.

...and to answer the OP’s question - 61 😄.

Les.

We're 53 and 47, 1st cruise in 2001, 1st P&O 2004 and heading for our 24th cruise (22 with P&O in August).

Our son is 8 and this year's cruise will be his 7th. Before adopting him we would avoid school holiday cruises but having done 5 now we've got used to them and he is always good on board. I just wish we could still go on smaller ships like Aurora.

The majority of kids we see on board seem to be good and just going about their business having fun. There can be some who aren't so good of course but we find they are usually easily avoided.

Edited by DamianG