I Love Retirement

packedandready

We now have 4 cruises booked from now till next year. I'm sooo excited. I just wanted to share with someone that would understand :). Most of our friends think we're crazy. This is what we wanted to do in retirement and now getting to do it. We'll fill the gaps with camping trips. I love retirement!!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, packedandready said:

We now have 4 cruises booked from now till next year. I'm sooo excited. I just wanted to share with someone that would understand :). Most of our friends think we're crazy. This is what we wanted to do in retirement and now getting to do it. We'll fill the gaps with camping trips. I love retirement!!

good for you! Some of us still have to work but will be there one day. This is my dream, including the camping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Not having to go back to work after a fun vacation. 

Just retired Jan 1.  Unfortunately (for her) my wife has probably three more years until her numbers line up.  (That's what she gets for marrying an older guy).  But I'm loving it!  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, packedandready said:

Good on you, enjoy living with gusto,

Congratulations, and one day I hope to join you.  Combining cruises with camping trips is a nice mix.  I look forward to spending my time looking for last minute cruise and airfare deals.

Roz

Cruising is one of the best things about being retired, along with ME being able to do what I want when I want, instead of being controlled by my career. I'm now in my late 70s and have been retired almost 15 years, and seeing the world one cruise at a time has made it simply wonderful. Since retiring I have done 40+ cruises with Princess, and currently have 4 more booked. I'm planning to keep on going and doing as long as I can.

Life has been very good to me, and I am most grateful!!

• Like 1

Since retiring we are doing less cruising and more independent travel.   Now, our cruises are typically last minute add ons to a land trip that we happen to be on.   We thought we would do more cruising but it has not turned out that way.

16 hours ago, packedandready said:

Congratulations on retirement, it really is the best job ever. Been retired 6 years and are taking our 2nd world cruise next year. Life is grand.

12 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just retired Jan 1.  Unfortunately (for her) my wife has probably three more years until her numbers line up.  (That's what she gets for marrying an older guy).  But I'm loving it!  

Congratulation on your new life.  🥂

Congrats! While I certainly don't want to rush my life, that certainly is a perk I one day look forward to. Who knows what the future looks like though. I dream of living near a cruise port (or two). Imagine being able to hop on a last-minute deal and not having to buy airfare. Oh man!

It's a shame that the younger generations don't share the same enthusiasm. Working and saving your whole life is now an evil thing.

15 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I just quit when Laura retired. 😇

• Like 1

I thought when I retired nearly 4 years ago that I'd get the travel and cruising bug out of my system in a few years. Nope. It's only gotten more intense. I had to re-do my financial plan because I'd planned a decrease in travel starting year 5, and now I realize I need to do the opposite. Fortunately, I figured out a way to do it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I thought when I retired nearly 4 years ago that I'd get the travel and cruising bug out of my system in a few years. Nope. It's only gotten more intense. I had to re-do my financial plan because I'd planned a decrease in travel starting year 5, and now I realize I need to do the opposite. Fortunately, I figured out a way to do it.

If you don't spend it now your kids will spend it later. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

If you don't spend it now your kids will spend it later. 

...every time we book another I remind my kids that I am spending their inheritance one cruise at a time!  They just laugh. Don't get me wrong, there will still be something for them when the time comes, but I'm going to enjoy all that I worked hard for in the meantime.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1