Mariner of the Seas balcony cabin 9390 or 8618 (9392)

wjmwjm

Hi,

I'm looking for current information on aft balcony room 9390.I've gotten discrepant information and am wondering if it might be due to things having changed with the recent refurbishment.

Has anyone had recent experience with room 9390 or room 8618? For 9390 I'm wondering how big the balcony is, if there is lounge chair on it? Is the door solid glass or just glass on the top half? Any pictures?

What room would you choose between 9390 and 8618?

Also, my sister is in room 9392. Any thoughts on that one?

Thank you,

Wendy

Edited by wjmwjm

I'd rather be further from the front of the ship, so I'd go with the room next to your sister.  They aren't "connecting", so there shouldn't be an issue.  The balcony is 42 sq. ft....not huge, but sufficient to ocean gaze or sit and read a book.  There is no room for a lounger.  You will have 2 chairs and a small (knee-high) patio table.

• 9 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, cb at sea said:

I'd rather be further from the front of the ship, so I'd go with the room next to your sister.  They aren't "connecting", so there shouldn't be an issue.  The balcony is 42 sq. ft....not huge, but sufficient to ocean gaze or sit and read a book.  There is no room for a lounger.  You will have 2 chairs and a small (knee-high) patio table.

Cb, What is the downside of having a front ship cabin?  Im about to book on Mariner and there are front corner cabins on deck 6 and 8. I thought this might be a nice view but I'm not sure if theres a downside to this location??