Soufriere Beach Boardwalk

Westbank is bestbank

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, reedprincess said:

It's absolutely beautiful. A truly wonderful addition.  We were there for the opening - it's really great.  Should be a big bonus for Tourist and local alike.. 

Is this place close to the cruise port? I will be on a Carnival cruise the first week of June with my two teenage daughters and really don't want to venture too far from port since we are traveling alone. The cruise is for my oldest daughter's high school graduation and she has requested rest and relaxation on a beach at every port. I don't want to spend too much just to go sit and swim all day. Is there entrance fees? What about taxi rates? Thank you!

4 hours ago, ladyvette826 said:

Is this place close to the cruise port? I will be on a Carnival cruise the first week of June with my two teenage daughters and really don't want to venture too far from port since we are traveling alone. The cruise is for my oldest daughter's high school graduation and she has requested rest and relaxation on a beach at every port. I don't want to spend too much just to go sit and swim all day. Is there entrance fees? What about taxi rates? Thank you!

It's nowhere near the port. It's down in Soufriere, the heart of St Lucia and home to the iconic Pitons. 1.15 hour drive from the port, or 45 minutes speed boat ride. $90usd one way. No entrance fees or anything, etc 

If you want a beach near port, you'll want Vigie Beach. It's 20-25 minute flat easy  walk or $10usd one way cab ride. There's a lovely small boardwalk with restaurants and bars, washrooms,etc. Tons of natural shade, chairs available for rent, etc 

Kinda a bummer to miss out on the unique and iconic sights of the island, beach is beach - but if that's what you're set in, Vigie is your best bet 

19 hours ago, reedprincess said:

It's nowhere near the port. It's down in Soufriere, the heart of St Lucia and home to the iconic Pitons. 1.15 hour drive from the port, or 45 minutes speed boat ride. $90usd one way. No entrance fees or anything, etc 

If you want a beach near port, you'll want Vigie Beach. It's 20-25 minute flat easy  walk or $10usd one way cab ride. There's a lovely small boardwalk with restaurants and bars, washrooms,etc. Tons of natural shade, chairs available for rent, etc 

Kinda a bummer to miss out on the unique and iconic sights of the island, beach is beach - but if that's what you're set in, Vigie is your best bet 

Thank you for the info! I agree about missing out on the sights, but I've been to most of the islands before and figured since this was her trip, I'd let her pick what she wanted to do.