WiFi packages onboard

drega99

Looking for some recent info/prices on WiFi packages on the Disney Wonder. We are sailing next month without my husband and my 10 year old son will need to "chat" with his Daddy during his 7 day cruise.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, drega99 said:

Looking for some recent info/prices on WiFi packages on the Disney Wonder. We are sailing next month without my husband and my 10 year old son will need to "chat" with his Daddy during his 7 day cruise.

Thanks!

While this info was posted in 2014, it's still current, as far as I know (at least it was in 2017):

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2014/04/connectsea-internet-data-plans-review/

also here:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-internet.htm

The on board data packages are expensive and it can be surprising how much data your phone burns through in the background (checking email, updating apps, etc.)

In the US (California and Alaska) you should have service at port and can FaceTime there. If you are in Mexico it would probably be cheaper to use your cell carrier data plan while off the ship to call or look into a SIM card for Mexico.

Edited by WV2019

You can be connected to wifi for the Navigator free, but there won't be any internet. When you want internet, you sign into a website that enables sites off the ship. I found the best way to deal with things was to stay logged out of that website and only sign in for short active sessions of checking what you want to check. You'll burn through all the data very quickly being on the internet all the time.

So for the example of chatting with dad, you'd set up a time nd log into the site, chat, then log out afterwards. And while chatting, make sure all the background stuff is off--the connect@sea desk can help with that.