Sip and sail Promotion

peiguy48

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We were on the 49 day South America cruise earlier this year. The cutoff was 45 days for the S&S.

Often on those long cruises you can break them up into 2 legs and qualify for the promo

16 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We were on the 49 day South America cruise earlier this year. The cutoff was 45 days for the S&S.

We were booked on that one but ended up cancelling. They did tell me I couldn't have the Sip and Sail for the 49 day cruise but when I booked it as a 19 day and a 30 day they let me have the package for both legs. Same cruise just booked differently and it also got the Shareholder credit twice as well as the FCD credit twice.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:59 AM, terry&mike said:

The reason they said "my agent" is because this company has storefront travel agencies also, with travel agents who work with clients. The exact details of the inclusions of the sale as to perks, sailing dates included, actual sailings included will be announced on April 24, and the sale will run June 6-8 as mentioned above.

As today is the 24th I started looking for the info. I didn't find anything for this year but did find videos regarding this sale last year. I was thinking the usual "big box" but didn't find it there. Did find info that appears to be exactly what folks are talking about so will keep an eye out and possibly book a 10 - 15 day (Mexican Rivera or Hawaii) cruise for next year when this comes available. I'll definitely be putting calendar reminders in place. 😁

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

As today is the 24th I started looking for the info. I didn't find anything for this year but did find videos regarding this sale last year. I was thinking the usual "big box" but didn't find it there. Did find info that appears to be exactly what folks are talking about so will keep an eye out and possibly book a 10 - 15 day (Mexican Rivera or Hawaii) cruise for next year when this comes available. I'll definitely be putting calendar reminders in place. 😁

Apologies, I should have made that clear - the details are being announced to the agents on April 24 (today). Different offices and branches will have different promotional events, nights, announcement dates where they promote the event.

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, Thrak said:

Hi. I'm switching to Princess and would like to do the same S&S you're planning on (Mexican Riviera 10 day, SF) for us. Have you been able to book a specific cabin during the month before and then change to the S & S? I realize that the price will go up but is it for new bookings only? Thank you for any help; I've been following your posts this month (and love the pic of you both).

Rainey from OR

32 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

Hi. I'm switching to Princess and would like to do the same S&S you're planning on (Mexican Riviera 10 day, SF) for us. Have you been able to book a specific cabin during the month before and then change to the S & S? I realize that the price will go up but is it for new bookings only? Thank you for any help; I've been following your posts this month (and love the pic of you both).

Rainey from OR

Yes, you can do what you wish, change to another promotion, as long as your cabin selection and sailing is included in the next promo. Even if your current deposit is non-refundable you may still be able to make the change. Note that some T.A.'s have a charge for making changes. Also note that in previous years the Sip&Sail promo applied to balcony cat. cabins and above. What promo has been may not always be.

31 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

Hi. I'm switching to Princess and would like to do the same S&S you're planning on (Mexican Riviera 10 day, SF) for us. Have you been able to book a specific cabin during the month before and then change to the S & S? I realize that the price will go up but is it for new bookings only?

It's usually very easy to switch from one promo (or no promo) to a new promo. You won't have to change cabins. The price MAY go up and it may not, it depends on how well the ship is selling.

An example: we booked a Pacific Princess B2B (Caribbean followed by Panama Canal). The price for an inside was $2544, a couple of days later the "3 for free" sale started (not the same as the S&S, but we've done the same with that also). Changed to an obstructed balcony for $2719. Could have stayed in the inside for the same price ($2544), but hey...it was a balcony.

All it takes is a phone call to Princess or your travel agent.

Re:  Changing from one promo to next. Thank you both for your answers; it's awesome that I could keep the same cabin. I did mistake the 3 day sale (6-8) and say S & S but it sounds like either one would work. Much better change situation than most lines that we've sailed before. I think I'm loving Princess already!

Rainey🤩

On 4/23/2019 at 12:38 AM, Thrak said:

We were booked on that one but ended up cancelling. They did tell me I couldn't have the Sip and Sail for the 49 day cruise but when I booked it as a 19 day and a 30 day they let me have the package for both legs. Same cruise just booked differently and it also got the Shareholder credit twice as well as the FCD credit twice.

When we sailed on that trip for Winter 2018, there were three segments - eventually.  I think it started with only one for the complete trip and another partial.  We changed from full 60-night to three segments and the deal was much better - plus same as Thrak - multiple S/H credits and so forth.  Also, final payments were back to the usual 75 days as it is normally 120 days for long cruises.

Edited by steelers36

On 4/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, Thrak said:

Yeah, IDK why some people call it a "big box" - it is really a whole lot of little boxes, plus online presence.

On 4/24/2019 at 5:04 PM, paul929207 said:

Often release dates mentioned hear turn out to be incorrect. There were a couple of false starts for the Pacific Princess Tahiti cruises.

The problem here is that Princess had a separate release for "South Pacific" and "Tahiti".  With Tahiti in the South Pacific........ Princess sort of created the confusion.

Even Princess employees were confused on this.

Edited by Coral

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

Name starts with an E and ends with an A.

Correct. On another thread someone posted this:

Thanks for your quick response! I found it by searching princess 3 day sale & will be attending an event in my area. I love CC boards - I learn so much!!

21 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for your quick response! I found it by searching princess 3 day sale & will be attending an event in my area. I love CC boards - I learn so much!!

I think attending an event - while not necessary - will be a great thing  if you have the time and your schedule permits ... who knows what additional 'perks' may be added for physical appearance ...

32 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

You don’t have to attend an event. I use one of their agents in FL and I am in CA. I just email him the sailings I want quotes for and he emails me back. Easy peasy!

For those planning to book the upcoming S&S deal thru a diff TA than the one adding in free grats discussed here, I'm thinking most larger online TAs would probably offer something similar to it for a typical 7 day balcony cabin, correct? Either equivalent in OBC or free grats themselves? Or am I missing something - is this offer something above the ordinary?