Sip and sail Promotion

peiguy48

27 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

Has anyone used this promotion to transfer a booking?  I wasn't sure if the agency would only take new bookings for this deal.

My travel agent added it to an existing booking and after S&S expired transferred our reservation to the next promotion 3 For Free which was better for us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Has anyone used this promotion to transfer a booking?  I wasn't sure if the agency would only take new bookings for this deal.

Yes, the first time I used this promotion that includes the gratuities it was a transfer of a booking that had been made directly.

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Yes, the first time I used this promotion that includes the gratuities it was a transfer of a booking that had been made directly.

Good to know!  Booked recently with OBC, gratuities, & 10% deposit special.  But wondering how the rates will be with the new S & S promotion or the later 3 for 3 special.  Will be following to see, since this is our first Princess cruise and am not familiar with their policies or procedures.  Thanks for this update.

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, partybarbie said:

Last year, I booked the cabin I wanted directly with Princess.  When the 3-day sale started, I was able to transfer the booking.  If you don't like the offer, then just keep the Princess booking.

Does Princess charge fees to rebook at lower rate ? Also Do they deny new promos to existing future cruise bookings ?

No charge for rebooking before final payment.

When rebooking, you have a choice, either the original booking or the current booking. If you choose to rebook you get the perks that are currently on the new booking. So if you have a perk that is not available now, you would lose it by rebooking.

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

No charge for rebooking before final payment.

When rebooking, you have a choice, either the original booking or the current booking. If you choose to rebook you get the perks that are currently on the new booking. So if you have a perk that is not available now, you would lose it by rebooking.

Some bookings have non refundable deposits,

if someone booked a cruise with a non refundable deposit, they would lose it if they re fare. 

If you have a refundable deposit, then what you say is accurate 

Adding: What the previous two posters said is true 

in the US

if you have a refundable deposit

if there are cabins in your category still available (to set the new value/fare).

Think of it as a cancellation and immediate rebooking for the same room.

The rules in other countries are often not the same.

16 hours ago, Jtowery said:

Does Princess charge fees to rebook at lower rate ?

Not in USA or Canada. Of course this is before final payment date.

Different is many other countries. Some have a fee and allow you to rebook once. Some do not allow any rebooking without total loss of the deposit.