1st time in Bermuda

TheTruth79

I am thinking of going on a cruise in early October 2019. It will have 2 nights in Bermuda. But I have never been there and have not really researched it cause I never thought i wuld go there. I have no idea what to do while in Bermuda. Any ideas?

I like beaches, tours, boat rides, really open to anything, I did see a nighttime Bermuda Triangle boat ride that looks interesting. And the pink beaches...which is the best one? I don't mind crowds but I want to see a clean pretty beach. 

Thanks everyone in advance!

Edited by TheTruth79

I'm heading to Bermuda for the first time May 5-12 on NCL, and I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do. I saw a couple of e-bike tours, but they seemed a bit expensive. There's a couple of sunset rum cruises that looked interesting.

There's a tour that shows you famous homes in the area and i think there's also a tour of the Hamilton area. 

- Beaches: Horseshoes, Elbow or any of those in that south shore stretch for the iconic pink sand. Shuttles run from the dock area.

- Take a taxi tour (about $50 per hour)

- Take the Ferry ($5 per person each way) to Hamilton and shop and walk around.

- Take an excursion van tour

- Take a boat tour

- Take a snorkeling tour

- Go to one of the watersports operators (one at the Dockyards, and by taxi to H2O or Somerset) to do kayaking, boat rental, jet ski, and more.

many tour operators will be at the Pier looking for your business if you want more choices and a price a little lower than the ship tours. 

All kinds of choices!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 2:24 PM, PelicanBill said:

- Beaches: Horseshoes, Elbow or any of those in that south shore stretch for the iconic pink sand. Shuttles run from the dock area.

- Take a taxi tour (about $50 per hour)

- Take the Ferry ($5 per person each way) to Hamilton and shop and walk around.

- Take an excursion van tour

- Take a boat tour

- Take a snorkeling tour

- Go to one of the watersports operators (one at the Dockyards, and by taxi to H2O or Somerset) to do kayaking, boat rental, jet ski, and more.

many tour operators will be at the Pier looking for your business if you want more choices and a price a little lower than the ship tours. 

All kinds of choices!

Is an hour enough for a taxi tour? Do you have to book it or just grab one at the port?

2 hours ago, Patsfan3 said:

Is an hour enough for a taxi tour? Do you have to book it or just grab one at the port?

An hour is not enough. I think 4 hours would be the minimum good enough time. There is a three hour minimum for taxi tours. The price is $50 an hour 1-4 passengers, $70 an hour 5-7 passengers. You can grab one at the port. Look for the Blue Flag taxi drivers. They have a badge. They are the ones trained to do tours. 

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks @Charles4515.  Feel free to keep your tour to 3 hours if you don't need to have much stopping time. Some people get out and do the Caves or something like that... you can have a good tour in 3 hours without long stops and without going all the way to St. Georges.

Get the daily bus/ferry pass to get around the island.  Do NOT, unless you are an experienced biker, rent a motorcycle.  Roads are hilly, narrow and winding.  Traffic is very heavy and loaded with big trucks and buses.  It is not a fun ride.  You are also driving on the wrong side of the road.  Wife and I did rent one, got about 3 miles before we almost lost it.  Turned around and returned it and got the bus pass.  Even riding the buses is scary.

• Like 1