Horrible Horizon Debarcation

Bribrittmom

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

When CD Schwartz was on the Horizon in March, it was the single best debark I haven ever seen.  He was in complete control on the order even in the Priority waiting area.  He was physically present, called Diamonds out of their area first, Plats had #1 and #2s and he called by number.  Walked right out, other guests were held, no having to cut into line  and right off the ship.  Grabbed luggage off carousel and right up to Customs. 

He had announced a "secret" meeting place for non priority guests who were hauling all their stuff off.  Crew led that bunch thru the priority waiting area and off the ship.  I was not pleased to see that at all since I figured with that crowd, Customs would be backed right up completely eliminating the  priority debark perk.  To my pleasant surprise, that group cleared Customs before my group arrived.  

We were on the same cruise that you were on and found just the opposite.  Self disembark has always been the first to get off the ship.  

We were Platinum and Brother and SIL had FTTF.  We were told to meet in the Reflections Dining room at a certain time.  We went down there about fifteen minutes early.  We got off of the elevator and tried to get into the dining room through the crowd.  A worker told us to get into the line to leave the ship.  Within five minutes, we were off the ship.

We got to luggage claim and someone had taken one of our bags off of the belt and sat it with a bunch of other ones.  Finally the other one came around on the belt.  Customs was easy now that you don't have to fill out a form.  They looked at our passports and waived us through.   It was the earliest we've ever been off of a ship.

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So......which post is the truth?  The one on here that states you were joking, or the one that I just copied from another thread?

If this poster is actually a teenage under the age of 18, I don’t think the moderators should allow them to post on this forum. There are a lot of discussions on here that are not appropriate for kids. I’ve gotten the feeling by their posts that they are not a teenager but probably a poster that has been banned and doesn’t want to go away....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

cheaper...only flight option....connection issues....another day for the dog sitter....long way to go....

9 hours ago, blarko said:

Don't want to sit in an airport for eight hours waiting for the next flight......

Airline changed flight time after you’ve already booked the flight (happened to me on my last cruise, fortunately still made it to the airport in plenty of time due to a very organized disembarkation).

15 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

When CD Schwartz was on the Horizon in March, it was the single best debark I haven ever seen.  He was in complete control on the order even in the Priority waiting area.  He was physically present, called Diamonds out of their area first, Plats had #1 and #2s and he called by number.  Walked right out, other guests were held, no having to cut into line  and right off the ship.  Grabbed luggage off carousel and right up to Customs. 

He had announced a "secret" meeting place for non priority guests who were hauling all their stuff off.  Crew led that bunch thru the priority waiting area and off the ship.  I was not pleased to see that at all since I figured with that crowd, Customs would be backed right up completely eliminating the  priority debark perk.  To my pleasant surprise, that group cleared Customs before my group arrived.  

We've sailed with Schwartz a couple of times now and he is absolutely FANTASTIC at that kind of thing, tbh. 

One of the times we sailed with him, we were in Grand Cayman and the line to get back on the tenders was very, VERY long. He and the entertainment staff kept everybody from losing their schtiff in the hot sun as we all waited (like two hours, seriously) to get back on the dadgummed tender.

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If this poster is actually a teenage under the age of 18, I don’t think the moderators should allow them to post on this forum. There are a lot of discussions on here that are not appropriate for kids. I’ve gotten the feeling by their posts that they are not a teenager but probably a poster that has been banned and doesn’t want to go away....

I think you are being too hard on this individual. If you read his/her posts on this site, the person is not that knowledgeable about cruising or life experiences in general, which leads me to believe he/she is definitely a teenager. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think you are being too hard on this individual. If you read his/her posts on this site, the person is not that knowledgeable about cruising or life experiences in general, which leads me to believe he/she is definitely a teenager. 

Not sure how my post is hard on them. I’ve had 3 teenage sons and I wouldn’t want any of them on this forum talking with adults about drinking, smuggling alcohol, balcony club.....and because I’ve had 3 teenagers my BS detector is a highly tuned machine.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So on Horizon are your bags are on a Very long convayer belt? or in a numbered pile/set?

We are nothing (no FTTF no platinum)  but have 11:45 flight reservation out of FLL. Might need to self disembark, something we are normally fine with but we have my FIL the (78yo) luggage enthusiast with us.  

3 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

What discussions on here aren't appropriate for teenagers? Sure, there's probably a lot of things that teens wouldn't understand, but I don't think anything is inappropriate. And why would a banned user come back pretending to be a teenager? I've seen users come back with new accounts and they're always eager to pick up right where they left off. I've even seen one come back at least twice, getting banned every time because they don't do anything differently. I can't imagine anyone like that pretending to be a teenager.

I've seen a lot of jbethel's posts in the last couple months and from the moment I saw them, he/she freely admitted that they were a "kid" and were here trying to help their parents with an upcoming cruise. They've never tried to hide the fact that they're young. I commend him/her for that, because this forum can often be a wolves' den. That's reinforced by the fact that, on more than one occasion, jbethel has been attacked based on their age alone and their perceived level of intelligence & maturity. Yet they don't let that kind of behavior towards them scare them away, as it often does with new users. Good for them. I don't think it's a banned user at all. I've seen them say things that leads me to believe they are younger, but there's nothing wrong with that. As long as they aren't violating any CC rule on age requirements (if there is one) I say welcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

What discussions on here aren't appropriate for teenagers? Sure, there's probably a lot of things that teens wouldn't understand, but I don't think anything is inappropriate. And why would a banned user come back pretending to be a teenager? I've seen users come back with new accounts and they're always eager to pick up right where they left off. I've even seen one come back at least twice, getting banned every time because they don't do anything differently. I can't imagine anyone like that pretending to be a teenager.

I've seen a lot of jbethel's posts in the last couple months and from the moment I saw them, he/she freely admitted that they were a "kid" and were here trying to help their parents with an upcoming cruise. They've never tried to hide the fact that they're young. I commend him/her for that, because this forum can often be a wolves' den. That's reinforced by the fact that, on more than one occasion, jbethel has been attacked based on their age alone and their perceived level of intelligence & maturity. Yet they don't let that kind of behavior towards them scare them away, as it often does with new users. Good for them. I don't think it's a banned user at all. I've seen them say things that leads me to believe they are younger, but there's nothing wrong with that. As long as they aren't violating any CC rule on age requirements (if there is one) I say welcome.

Thanks for defending me! There is not a single rule that says I cannot be here at my age. The rule for social media is 13 years of age, and I well exceed that limit. 

"The use of profanity, foul or vulgar language, inappropriate graphic images and any other content not "family friendly" is not acceptable. Keep in mind that members come in all ages and all have access to our Community. Using asterisks to blank out several letters of a word is *still* considered a violation if the vulgarity is discernible, as are acronyms for a series of vulgar words. There are far more powerful ways to get a point across."

4 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I feel offended you would say something like that. That is not in my character, and I mean no harm, all I am trying to do is make the best out of a forum filled with strangers, and ofc, help out my parents with our upcoming cruise. I feel as if really I am constantly judged based solely on my age. Furthermore, I appreciate the fact that I am well articulate, and my maturity level is higher than the stereotypical teenager. As Jaheim once sang, "Age Ain't A Factor".

Edited by jbethel11

31 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We have been on so many cruises where the CD will get on the intercom and announce....again....do not come down to the lobby until your deck is called.  It's obvious so many people don't listen to the rules and just do what they want.

Don't you realize that these are card carrying members of the "me generation." They like to push boundaries and step over the line and break rules whenever it benefits them.  Whether it's letting their rug rats run amok, smoking on their balcony, being a chair hog, eating lunch in the buffet with no shirt on or in a wet bathing suit and so on and so on.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

We have been on so many cruises where the CD will get on the intercom and announce....again....do not come down to the lobby until your deck is called.  It's obvious so many people don't listen to the rules and just do what they want.

Therein lies one of Carnival's problems when it comes to debarkation, from what we've experienced. There's always going to be people who won't listen and break the rules. There's times when crew need to enforce the rules more assertively. Sometimes it seems like members of the crew are afraid to make anyone mad, even when they (the crew) are in the right according to Carnival's rules. When people see there are no consequences for breaking the rules, it happens more. I think the company should make it clear to the crew that they have their back. They have procedures in place for a quick & efficient debark, so just follow and enforce those procedures, even if that means making someone mad for pulling them out of line when they don't belong.

Edited by Organized Chaos

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Don't you realize that these are card carrying members of the "me generation." They like to push boundaries and step over the line and break rules whenever it benefits them.  Whether it's letting their rug rats run amok, smoking on their balcony, being a chair hog, eating lunch in the buffet with no shirt on or in a wet bathing suit and so on and so on.

Well it is their vacation!!  

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

Keep throwing salt in an open wound Jimbo...

I was actually agreeing with you.  The ugly American Tourist is truly not a pretty thing, rules are for everyone else....

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

I guess this is why people don't want people like me on these forums ...

Stay close to me grasshopper, I will show you many secrets on this journey (not a Carnival Journey, but that is not a bad ideas either......).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Just off the Valor for a 5 day last month.  I couldn't believe how many times the CD had to say something.  There were people just sitting on the stairs waiting.  We self debarked with 2 teen age boys.  I know I rolled over some toes and ankles trying to go up one flight of stairs...  I'm sure they did as well.  Not my problem... we didn't go out of our way to hurt anyone, but I wasn't being extra careful either.

1 minute ago, WIFamily said:

Just off the Valor for a 5 day last month.  I couldn't believe how many times the CD had to say something.  There were people just sitting on the stairs waiting.  We self debarked with 2 teen age boys.  I know I rolled over some toes and ankles trying to go up one flight of stairs...  I'm sure they did as well.  Not my problem... we didn't go out of our way to hurt anyone, but I wasn't being extra careful either.

...and we have hit upon the crux of the problem, no system enhancement will prevent this...maybe tasers?