Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, maggieq said:

Good for you!  Perhaps united can work something out for Iain.    

Had a wonderful set of flights.   We were early on both flights and was very comfortable.   Iain didn't suffer too much as I always book adjacent Emergency Exit Row.  He said it was comfortable and the seated a deadheading pilot in the seat I had feed up.    I loved the second flight.   They substituted in a 757 with lay flat beds in First Class.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

Before I travel I have nightmares about leaving without my passport . Or packing and the clothes keep going back on the hangers in the closet . Or running down the pier as the ship sails away.. Yep I one sick sailor. (But I'm getting better👽)

It is amazing how many things can go astray when you travel.   I'm happy to report everything worked perfectly today.  

• Like 2

Couple pictures of our room at Embassy Suites.  The rooms are showing some wear and tear but clean and comfortable.   You can’t beat the location. 

Prices are on the high side at $212. 

35536DFE-5A6E-408A-A550-50F646447403.thumb.jpeg.7b01bfdccf457cfbffcf8629f5bcfad5.jpeg

6132F768-1DAA-42CD-BB0A-B53CEBA4CC9D.thumb.jpeg.d172a357f2b75c27fefaad08be9121e5.jpeg

• Like 1

No, not on your flights....I work at IAH.  Thought if I saw you and Iain I would stop to say hello. DH and I were on the TP last year (YVR-NRT) and saw you daily as our walking patterns were similar. 

Will enjoy joy your blog as our next adventure isn't until Aug out of CPH. 

5 minutes ago, Passrider76 said:

No, not on your flights....I work at IAH.  Thought if I saw you and Iain I would stop to say hello. DH and I were on the TP last year (YVR-NRT) and saw you daily as our walking patterns were similar. 

I was amused by your initial post - I can't tell if you actually met Jim and Iain from the prior cruise, or if it would have been one of those, out-of-the-blue introductions in the airport, "Excuse me.  Aren't you the world-famous Jim and Iain, cruise bloggers extraordinaire?"

Tom & Judy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

We grabbed a Lyft from the Airport to Embassy Suites on 17th

OK, does everyone cruising out of Port Everglades stay there?!? That's where my family and I stayed last year, and a ton of the people I know through other forums also make a point of staying there.

I don't suppose you also got dinner at La Bamba? Wouldn't blame you, the margaritas are fantastic and the food ain't half-bad either! 😂

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Trust me, I've seen higher. 🤑 Go there when it's spring break and Easter week at the same time.

Have a fantastic cruise!

53 minutes ago, TFree said:

I was amused by your initial post - I can't tell if you actually met Jim and Iain from the prior cruise, or if it would have been one of those, out-of-the-blue introductions in the airport, "Excuse me.  Aren't you the world-famous Jim and Iain, cruise bloggers extraordinaire?"

Tom & Judy

Spot on!  It would have been the "excuse me....." 

• Like 1

Glad you made it safely to FLL. Some air trafffic yesterday had delays...so you were lucky!

For our last cruise out of Port Ev in January,  the ES was booked.  We stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in Dania...not bad but ES has a better location and included breakfast buffet..  For our next cruise ES was very pricey so we will be at a Hilton Hampton Inn. Includes a breakfast buffet and  is near a place to have dinner ..Slackers sports bar...but not as many choices as along 17th St or A 1 A

Definitely hoping to come back to the 17th St location after that..ES is very convenient, has a great breakfast buffet included and good service . Near shops and restaurants.. We usually do the Hilton brands to accrue points.

Edited by hcat

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Couple pictures of our room at Embassy Suites.  The rooms are showing some wear and tear but clean and comfortable.   You can’t beat the location. 

35536DFE-5A6E-408A-A550-50F646447403.thumb.jpeg.7b01bfdccf457cfbffcf8629f5bcfad5.jpeg

6132F768-1DAA-42CD-BB0A-B53CEBA4CC9D.thumb.jpeg.d172a357f2b75c27fefaad08be9121e5.jpeg

Very good price considering the price the night before our 1/31/2020 cruise where ES is $1420 per night.  Super Bowl is in Miami a few days later.

13 hours ago, Passrider76 said:

I see.  I will be out walling again soon.   Sitting all day yesterday made me wanting to get up and get moving. 

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Very good price considering the price the night before our 1/31/2020 cruise where ES is $1420 per night.  Super Bowl is in Miami a few days later.

Yikes.. .that would be a shocker.   I guess it really isn't that bad when you factor in the free breakfast, internet and evening cocktails.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

Now you have me blushing.     It can be funny at times when someone comes up.    I will have to post some pictures as I am one of those that usually end up on the other end of the camera. 

12 hours ago, Aralim said:

OK, does everyone cruising out of Port Everglades stay there?!? That's where my family and I stayed last year, and a ton of the people I know through other forums also make a point of staying there.

I don't suppose you also got dinner at La Bamba? Wouldn't blame you, the margaritas are fantastic and the food ain't half-bad either! 😂

Trust me, I've seen higher. 🤑 Go there when it's spring break and Easter week at the same time.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Had a lovely dinner last night.     We took a look at La Bamba but were looking for a place we ate at last time called Carlos & Pepe.   It is close to La Bamba but facing 17th.   

I know that the main reason I initially book ES was the references here on CruiseCritic.  I like that they have a separate bedroom and living room.   Very comfortable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, h20cruzer said:

Jim We were on the Equinox Feb 16, 2019, Embassy was $319.00, we didn’t stay there. Your rate sounds like a bargain ha ha.

Nor,a

I guess I'm just an old kermudgin.    As we gracefully grow older I start feeling like my grandparents. I remember when I could buy bread for 25 Cents a roof.   LOL.    I'm sure the price is probably very reasonable considering the demand.    I was also shocked when I saw that a drink on the plane had gone up to $10.    Yikes... I remember when they were $1.00

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

YIKES!

I Am sure that my limo driver would not mind me hanging out with him for a night for $250 and drop me off early the next morning to the port and I can shower after check-in... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Had a lovely dinner last night.     We took a look at La Bamba but were looking for a place we ate at last time called Carlos & Pepe.   It is close to La Bamba but facing 17th.   

I know that the main reason I initially book ES was the references here on CruiseCritic.  I like that they have a separate bedroom and living room.   Very comfortable.

We like both of those...but sometimes  it's less crowded at La Bamba. Depends on timing and the day of the week. Sometimes we meet  relatives  post cruise at Carrabas....they have a good  free parking lot  for them and we can walk from ES. Everyone knows the menu!

Edited by hcat