Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

Sounds like you have started to have some great fun!

We are planning for this trip (5-day) in March 2020. I'm curious how you find the ship itself - cleanliness, repair, drink service (not in MC), wine list on Premium Package, and overall thoughts. Would love to take the Transatlantic at some point!

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Working on getting caught up.   Here are the daily for Friday. 

87FC1163-CF07-4ADA-AECB-C716B2882AE4.thumb.jpeg.8cb8a97d550f9cd319ef8af4185cd8ed.jpeg

BFF65B52-5134-47D9-98B2-4D301A333A1C.thumb.jpeg.5d36c2404544aa196a43d8d9d3fa30f3.jpeg

7DB21DAA-65F4-47C6-A650-4D50A4804949.thumb.jpeg.6f09db0e5e26b21fdf562c1fd20c9e2c.jpeg

D1DD669D-D01E-46E9-BE08-7C1FE7394706.thumb.jpeg.d7260f10abd03cd2658ba4ca375545c9.jpegD740D5F7-EE3D-4B1F-BDE8-EA29021E109F.thumb.jpeg.59b3a83f92f2920539c17a92aecf9dab.jpeg

BECABC96-1DA0-4F7C-877A-0469F4F7368E.jpeg

I realize you are on vacation and blogging out of the goodness of your heart, but any possibility of seeing a drink menu to see what is actually covered by the " Classic" drink pkg "up to $9"  ?  thanks, following along 

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Many have asked before about bringing food off of ship. 

42443146-9068-42CB-86FF-CB153B88C25F.jpeg

Uh oh...  Due to my wife's dietary restrictions we have often taken gluten free items off the ship so she has something to eat while on excursions.  Guess we were violating this rule without knowing it.  Oops!

Were they actively searching bags while disembarking from the ship?

I find it interesting that the beverage packages (alcoholic and non) are the same price on board as I’m seeing in my Cruise Planner right now. I’m used to Royal’s version of the Planner, where the packages are always 20% off onboard pricing to start and go down from there when a true sale comes along.

4 hours ago, bunnyette said:

Glad to see another review from you.  We were with you on the repositioning cruise to South America in 2017.   Look forward to reading about this one as I’d like to do a transatlantic in the future.

Always enjoy your visits to my blogs.   This cruise is really a short one and the first time we have ever done a cruise less than 7 days.    They dynamics  are really different - especially being over Easter Weekend. Lots of families and lots of kids and tweens. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, killsport said:

Sounds like you have started to have some great fun!

We are planning for this trip (5-day) in March 2020. I'm curious how you find the ship itself - cleanliness, repair, drink service (not in MC), wine list on Premium Package, and overall thoughts. Would love to take the Transatlantic at some point!

I'm really happy with the ship.   She is in good shape and really haven't noticed anything that would lessen our enjoyment.   I scan some pictures of the wines by the glass later.   So far bar service seems to be very attentive and not noticed any long waiting time, with the exception of right after boat drill in Rendez-vous Lounge -  the bar had hardly re-opens and there were about 20 people trying to grab a drink for sail away.   They had 3 bar tenders so seemed to take care of them quickly.

Celebrity is constantly doing upkeep on the ship.    I noticed this morning they were replacing some hallway carpet between the Penthouse and the stairway.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

Uh oh...  Due to my wife's dietary restrictions we have often taken gluten free items off the ship so she has something to eat while on excursions.  Guess we were violating this rule without knowing it.  Oops!

Were they actively searching bags while disembarking from the ship?

No inspections at all in Key West, just the sign.   The only place I have seen active investigation was on our South American trip.   On that trip most of the ports had x-ray machines and scanned all handbags and backpacks.   They had a pile of food and fruit that they had confiscated.

Enjoying your blog as always! We are doing this cruise along with a 7 day Apex in 2021 so let’s me see somethings although by that time it will be revolutionised. Interesting it is saying Classic package is back to fountain soda again. Just off Reflection and we got cans on the Classic package. 

Wendy

I have been asked by a number of people about the internet.   We have the regular unlimited internet and it is about dial up speeds.   Not great but I have tested Netflix and it streams uninterrupted.  

I have uploaded most of the pictures from the ship.  

22E40538-8151-4A31-911E-15F0ACB35AE1.thumb.jpeg.966dec7984327203e98af4e212a735cd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

No inspections at all in Key West, just the sign.   The only place I have seen active investigation was on our South American trip.   On that trip most of the ports had x-ray machines and scanned all handbags and backpacks.   They had a pile of food and fruit that they had confiscated.

Yes they were pretty strict but understandable given how important the agricultural industry is important to these countries.

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have been asked by a number of people about the internet.   We have the regular unlimited internet and it is about dial up speeds.   Not great but I have tested Netflix and it streams uninterrupted.  

I have uploaded most of the pictures from the ship.  

22E40538-8151-4A31-911E-15F0ACB35AE1.thumb.jpeg.966dec7984327203e98af4e212a735cd.jpeg

Looks like some of the speed checks I get at home with Insight's advertised 100Mbps speed...LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Always enjoy your visits to my blogs.   This cruise is really a short one and the first time we have ever done a cruise less than 7 days.    They dynamics  are really different - especially being over Easter Weekend. Lots of families and lots of kids and tweens. 

I totally understand about the dynamics of shorter cruises.  A few years back I did a 4-nighter followed by a 5-nighter on Constellation.  I looked at it as "a 9-day cruise", but in reality it was two short cruises with totally different dynamics than I'm used to (especially the 4-nighter.....shorts/tee-shirts/flip flops were worn by a lot of passengers day and night!!!).  That was the first and last time I did that....LOL

I notice that you have David as your Captain's Club Host.  He is a very warm and caring gentleman.....and actually one of best CC Host/ess I've run into.  

Edited by jcpc

Jim, I hope you both have a two great cruises.

It is interested that the note concerning the Elite Captain Club Social Hour Lounge is the old wording.  Nothing about enjoyed cocktails at other bars.  I know it does not affect you because you have a Premium Drink Package.

3 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I realize you are on vacation and blogging out of the goodness of your heart, but any possibility of seeing a drink menu to see what is actually covered by the " Classic" drink pkg "up to $9"  ?  thanks, following along 

Not a problem.  I took copies of a couple menus this afternoon.   I need to prep them for upload. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a problem.  I took copies of a couple menus this afternoon.   I need to prep them for upload. 

WOW, that's really nice of you.  We were last on Eclipse April 18, but have 5 more sailings booked.  Just wondering what drink menu changes have ben made since then.

Thanks again!!

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

I notice that you have David as your Captain's Club Host.  He is a very warm and caring gentleman.....and actually one of best CC Host/ess I've run into.  

I met David this morning.  He dropped by to invite us to the bridge tomorrow for a Zenith ceremony for a new member.  He is very warm and organized.  I believe there are 8 Zenith’s on this cruise. 

74456801-7D24-4B62-996A-6202CF455D99.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

Hello Jim, and thanks for all the scoop!  We’ll be climbing aboard on Monday, and will be lodged in a Celebrity Suite.  I saw some pictures of our room, posted a few months back.  Looks like it may be more than a bit worn.  What is your reaction to your lodging, and the ship in general?  I sail on Celebrity with some frequency, but have not been on the Infinity (or other ships of this class) for more than a decade.  Chuck