Jim_Iain Live Blog - Infinity B2B - Carribbean and East Bound TA

Jim_Iain

Okay, Jim...question...please share the name of the company that made that beautiful light pink top your friend is wearing...really like it!  I know, you are laughing at my question right now...silly!  Like you have nothing else to do...

Edited by Lastdance

On 4/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, Aralim said:

OK, does everyone cruising out of Port Everglades stay there?!? That's where my family and I stayed last year, and a ton of the people I know through other forums also make a point of staying there.

I don't suppose you also got dinner at La Bamba? Wouldn't blame you, the margaritas are fantastic and the food ain't half-bad either! 😂

Trust me, I've seen higher. 🤑 Go there when it's spring break and Easter week at the same time.

Have a fantastic cruise!

We are leaving out of FLL on 1/31/20.  We were looking for a reservation on 1/30.  We didn't realize the Superbowl is being played at Miami on 2/2.  Embassy Suites was $1270/room.  We ended up booking a nice Airbnb for 2 couples to share.

• Like 1

Arrived too late for sail away, but now caught up.

Love following your journeys.

Re weather here in UK we have already had spring in February back to winter March and now a lovely spring Easter. I think your layered look is a good idea, remember the old scottish saying " ner cast a clout till May is oot"  !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, Jim...question...please share the name of the company that made that beautiful light pink top your friend is wearing...really like it!  I know, you are laughing at my question right now...silly!  Like you have nothing else to do...

Also interested  in the pink shirt....so you can laugh twice!

Thanks for posting  ALL those bar menus!

• Like 1

@Jim_Iain, thanks for sharing those drink menus from around the ship. The dessert martinis sound absolutely decadent, especially the Black Forest one! Definitely going to be trying all of those plus some of the vodka ones next year! I thought I had heard the Martini Bar also offered a Tiramisu martini; is that only on certain ships?

I’m simultaneously surprised / impressed by the craft beer selection at Cellar Masters, and disappointed in the selection of reds there. I’m much more a fan of Tuscan, Sangiovese, Zinfandel, and Malbec; but there seem to be very few of those as options at any venue. Maybe that’ll change by the time I sail, but if not I’m planning on bringing my allowed four bottles and that will cover me. I’ll just take advantage of the beer options!

1 minute ago, killsport said:

@CulverCityCruisers @hcat

If you have the classic package, you'd pay the difference between the beverage price and $9 as well as 20% gratuity on the difference. So in this case, it would be $12 - 9$ = $3 + 20% grat = $3.60

At least that is my understanding...

You are correct, I should have clarified.  I meant no 20% on things covered under the pkg that they have.  Good catch!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, killsport said:

@CulverCityCruisers @hcat

If you have the classic package, you'd pay the difference between the beverage price and $9 as well as 20% gratuity on the difference. So in this case, it would be $12 - 9$ = $3 + 20% grat = $3.60

At least that is my understanding...

Not bad for a lovely Martini!

We  also pay extra now for my Baileys on the rocks...and some of dh,'s scotch.. mostly he drinks bud lite and I  prefer Club Soda....so no reason for us  to upgrade!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aralim said:

Maybe that’ll change by the time I sail, but if not I’m planning on bringing my allowed four bottles and that will cover me. I’ll just take advantage of the beer options!

FYI, unless Celebrity’s rules have changed very recently, we’re allowed to carry on two bottles of wine per cabin, not per person. I wish we could take four bottles though!

2 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

FYI, unless Celebrity’s rules have changed very recently, we’re allowed to carry on two bottles of wine per cabin, not per person. I wish we could take four bottles though!

Rules have not been changed.  It is TWO per cabin.

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last up for today is Cellar Master

2A7DFFE8-7460-4DCA-895B-0581F624EDF7.thumb.jpeg.7153df1045206a2a01b5bc126777dbb6.jpeg

1BAEB99A-5DBE-41BD-8FD9-7F641093D0C1.thumb.jpeg.f64da45f4ee4915d30230a9d78ba5ed3.jpeg

34C3F264-E4D2-43D4-91BE-F91239D71BF5.thumb.jpeg.283877d7ffac77360cfa8c1fbac46fd6.jpeg

F4E3F456-CF30-47B5-8FDA-3238CAB897ED.thumb.jpeg.79094ea2f20af0d3763e9286318112d9.jpeg

74F0E102-9D84-45C1-AC5B-DB645D12F21C.thumb.jpeg.767fbec3644a06c6017285e6f4f299fd.jpeg

DBEFA07F-DAD9-4CAD-A579-1D269C9BE9AD.thumb.jpeg.5edd3419ea605c75a1ff408610b74dde.jpeg

A656545B-6D51-4849-84A5-C7F3ABD8EA2E.thumb.jpeg.0b9a9fe57e8b8d5807556362a0038572.jpeg

Thank you for your thorough review Jim. Our last Summit sailing I had the PBP and was able to have a couple of drinks per day. Due to medications adjustments, I will not be drinking alcohol on our upcoming cruise. I know they must have non alcohol beer like O'Douls. But did you notice if there are any non-alcohol wines available? Now if they could make a non-alcohol martini that tasted like the real thing, I'd be thrilled lol. 

Edited by bermadu22
left out a word

39 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

36 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Rules have not been changed.  It is TWO per cabin.

Yup, you’re both right. I should have clarified that my family is booked in two cabins, so we get four bottles total.

For those of you on the TA and no bev package, watch the daily paper for half off specials at Martini Bar and the World Bar.  Usually had this promo at one of these bars each night on on TA last year and we did not have Beverage package.   Was usually listed in the hour by hour list.

We are not on this cruise but on the Reflection sailing on April 22.

Gail

• Thanks 2

@Jim_Iain

TY for the posts...

We'll be joining you Monday --can't wait

Was surprised to see the beer selections. 

Disappointed to see that the cocktail made in the S class ships Ensemble lounge with Tangeray 10, St Germ and Prosecco now shows up with sprite...in the Rendezvous lounge ...ick

Any jazz/blues or similar in the live music on-board?  (yes I did look at the Daily)

One thing we wondered how "new " it may be---   The body cameras being worn by the ships security. ... hmmm

21 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Marcia said she picked it up at White House Black Market.    It is a brand and store I have never heard about. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, 24acorns said:

Arrived too late for sail away, but now caught up.

Love following your journeys.

Re weather here in UK we have already had spring in February back to winter March and now a lovely spring Easter. I think your layered look is a good idea, remember the old scottish saying " ner cast a clout till May is oot"  !!!

I love it.   Iain and especially his 91 y.o. aunt has some of the quaintest expressions.    Hopefully we will have nice weather in May in Ayrshire. 

6 hours ago, Aralim said:

@Jim_Iain, thanks for sharing those drink menus from around the ship. The dessert martinis sound absolutely decadent, especially the Black Forest one! Definitely going to be trying all of those plus some of the vodka ones next year! I thought I had heard the Martini Bar also offered a Tiramisu martini; is that only on certain ships?

I’m simultaneously surprised / impressed by the craft beer selection at Cellar Masters, and disappointed in the selection of reds there. I’m much more a fan of Tuscan, Sangiovese, Zinfandel, and Malbec; but there seem to be very few of those as options at any venue. Maybe that’ll change by the time I sail, but if not I’m planning on bringing my allowed four bottles and that will cover me. I’ll just take advantage of the beer options!

I'm going to try to get a copy of the wine list from the Main Dining room and/or Luminae.    May be on the TA crossing before I get it.

I don't drink but Iain does an he often just asks for recommendations from the wine server.   Just make sure to suffix it with that are covered by xxxx package.   He was surprised once by an upcharge of $20 that had not been told to him in advance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

That is correct according to what I have read. 

1 hour ago, bermadu22 said:

Thank you for your thorough review Jim. Our last Summit sailing I had the PBP and was able to have a couple of drinks per day. Due to medications adjustments, I will not be drinking alcohol on our upcoming cruise. I know they must have non alcohol beer like O'Douls. But did you notice if there are any non-alcohol wines available? Now if they could make a non-alcohol martini that tasted like the real thing, I'd be thrilled lol. 

They do indeed.  I believe they have 0'Douls and Clausthauler (sp)   They also have a non-alcoholic wine selection - The label is Fre (brewed by Sutter Hill).   They have a Champagne, White, Rose and  Red.   Alcohol is my trigger for migraines so can't even sip it.   

Last cruise we did the Chef's Table and they were very nice and paired each course with a different Non-Alcoholic wine for each course.   Really made me feel part of the dinner.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@Jim_Iain

TY for the posts...

We'll be joining you Monday --can't wait

Was surprised to see the beer selections. 

Disappointed to see that the cocktail made in the S class ships Ensemble lounge with Tangeray 10, St Germ and Prosecco now shows up with sprite...in the Rendezvous lounge ...ick

Any jazz/blues or similar in the live music on-board?  (yes I did look at the Daily)

One thing we wondered how "new " it may be---   The body cameras being worn by the ships security. ... hmmm

From memory I believe they have had body cams for at least the last year.

So far I have not noticed a Jazz Band but will look around.   We have been so booked up with events that barely had a chance to explore the ship.   I guess that is the problem with a short cruise.  

• Like 1

Someone asked earlier about the Captain's Club Cocktail's.    On this ship I don't believe they are loading drinks and holding  it in the lounge as I believe there are fewer than 100 Elite and above CC members on the ship.   Today we had the CC party and the lounge was only about 1/2 full.   For the TA I am sure it will be different as they are expecting over 900.