How to copy and paste review from Word?

I just finished writing a review of our 4-6-19 Summit cruise on Word.  When I try to copy and paste the text into a post, it looks small and like it only takes up half the space vertically.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  I am not going to retype it! 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Control C will paste it into the text box. 

I have a Mac, so it's Command+C, but that's what I did.  What finally worked for me was copying and pasting into the Cruise Critic review, then copying and pasting from there to a new topic in this forum. YMMV.

I have done it a number of time and the problem is that  the word wrap is not coming across to when you paste.   One easy way is to put carriage returns in at the end of each line.    The easiest way  around it for me is to use either notepad or wordpad and copy and past from Word to one of those programs and make sure you check Format and make sure word wrap is checked.

• Like 1

Word is notorious for adding a lot of hidden stuff that you cannot see to take care of formatting within the Word product.  Pasting it first into Notepad (TextEdit is the one for Apple, I think?) strips out all of that.

Cruise Critic itself also now shows a little bar at the bottom of the input window noting that you're pasting rich text with an offer to paste it as plain text instead.   If you click on that when it pops up, it does the trick.

See below.

This word document uses 14pt Times New Roman. You will note that the font is changed but not the size when it is pasted into a post.

Open the Word document and use Save As. Change the file type to .rtf (Rich Text Format). After saving the document use Select All then Copy to place the entire document on the clipboard. Paste the results in your post.

I haven't figured out pictures, but it is possible to copy and paste tables/grids.

A work around for pictures is to copy and paste the document. Pictures will appear as a boxed missing graphics. One can go through the pasted content removing the boxes and inserting the uploaded pictures (using copy & paste).