Pig Beach from Nassau?

CityChickCruising

6 minutes ago, rikkimiller said:

Great, this is all I needed to know 🙂 thank you so much for your quick reply!! 

Doesn't mean it's impossible. Depends what time you arrive and leave, may be worth checking a few of the operators. But it's just not a practical choice as it's a long all day trip. I would be a bit nervous of missing the ship if even the slightest delay returning. 

Check these guys out and send them a message. 

http://www.exumawatertours.com/excursions-bahamas-exuma-tours-water.php

Edited by BNBR

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The pigs on Exuma are feral pigs that live on the island, the pigs on rose island are relatively new and were brought on.

You didn't actually visit the link, did you... 

Other than bragging rights when you get home, why on earth would you want to swim with pigs??

Stay tuned for my new, less-expensive attraction...swimming with guinea pigs! It’ll be the “in” thing for a few years, then folks will move on to some other contrived activity. 🐷

39 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Other than bragging rights when you get home, why on earth would you want to swim with pigs??

Stay tuned for my new, less-expensive attraction...swimming with guinea pigs! It’ll be the “in” thing for a few years, then folks will move on to some other contrived activity. 🐷

Swimming with pigs was not a contrived activity.  There was a little island and beautiful beach in a remote area of the Bahamas that people would swing by.  Typically people on their own boats, sailing the Bahamas, etc.  And they would feed the pigs.  The pigs became friendly and would start swimming out to the boats, etc.  Nobody really knows how or why the pigs are there but many suspect locals were trying to use the free land to raise them and never really came back.

Of course, it then became totally commercialized and people sure do love money.  So you can find actually contrived activities on islands near cruise ports that are truly nothing but tourist traps.  And unfortunately, even the remote Exuma pigs have basically turned in to a tourist trap all the same.

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I did, there were rose island options and Exuma options.

Read it again.  Spanish Wells and Exuma are the pig excursions.  Rose Island is "fish, snorkel, and enjoy beach time"

On 4/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Wow, someone isn't a happy person.  Because we knew Exuma wasn't an easy option while cruising (too much risk of missing the ship), we decided to do the Royal Caribbean CocoCay version.  We knew going in it was a rip off, but had a blast anyway.  We enjoyed it, and now Exuma is definitely on our bucket list.  Thanks for the links.