Today On board the Nieuw Statendam and love it!

avocat

Took the red eye from Los Angeles to FLL. No sleep for 30+hours and hung out at FLL till boarded. Take a taxi for the 2 mile $15 ride to the terminal. Hint, have your photo ID handy at the terminal gate even if you are in a cab!

the line up is at 10:15 bit they didn’t let us in to check in till 11:00. Was on the boat at noon. 

This ship hip has the best cruise ship bathroom ever!  The solid glass door is so much cleaner and better than a vinyl curtain. It’s the worlds best shower because no matter how long you run the hot shower with the door closes the mirror does not fog up!!!

the ship is a beauty and I live the music theme which includes names of decks,!music venues and artwork.  The artwork and feel is fun and more like the Celebrity Reflection or a very toned down Carnival. 

The internet works and price $139 unlimited is fair. You can also use the same account in multiple devices just not at the same time. 

The menu looks improved over what I had on a Holland cruise two years ago.

The grand cafe is a waste and is all pay extra. The pizza was amazing. The flourless chocolate cake flawless. The free  ice cream  in the Lido buffet is not made in board. Only the extra pay gelato is  made here. The free waffle cone was delicious. 

The only complaint I have is the service in the main dining room tonight was very slow. I went 5:15 not busy when arrived but all courses were very slow. If that happens again I’ll need to say something. 

The new spa has a deal if $199 for one or $200 for two persons and up to 25 passes are sold for their spa sauna facilities. I was tempted bit passes. Maybe next time. 

Hopefully the poor MDR service was a one time event. But I really like this ship so far. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, avocat said:

Took the red eye from Los Angeles to FLL. No sleep for 30+hours and hung out at FLL till boarded. Take a taxi for the 2 mile $15 ride to the terminal. Hint, have your photo ID handy at the terminal gate even if you are in a cab!

the line up is at 10:15 bit they didn’t let us in to check in till 11:00. Was on the boat at noon. 

This ship hip has the best cruise ship bathroom ever!  The solid glass door is so much cleaner and better than a vinyl curtain. It’s the worlds best shower because no matter how long you run the hot shower with the door closes the mirror does not fog up!!!

the ship is a beauty and I live the music theme which includes names of decks,!music venues and artwork.  The artwork and feel is fun and more like the Celebrity Reflection or a very toned down Carnival. 

The internet works and price $139 unlimited is fair. You can also use the same account in multiple devices just not at the same time. 

The menu looks improved over what I had on a Holland cruise two years ago.

The grand cafe is a waste and is all pay extra. The pizza was amazing. The flourless chocolate cake flawless. The free  ice cream  in the Lido buffet is not made in board. Only the extra pay gelato is  made here. The free waffle cone was delicious. 

The only complaint I have is the service in the main dining room tonight was very slow. I went 5:15 not busy when arrived but all courses were very slow. If that happens again I’ll need to say something. 

The new spa has a deal if $199 for one or $200 for two persons and up to 25 passes are sold for their spa sauna facilities. I was tempted bit passes. Maybe next time. 

Hopefully the poor MDR service was a one time event. But I really like this ship so far. 

We are also on this sailing! Ship is beautiful & the music theme is very cool. We had fixed 8:00 in MDR & our dinner took a little over 1.5 hours. Food was great though! Enjoy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Despegue said:

Thanks for the nice review!

just for info, all food (except some candies) is absolutely FREE at the Grand Dutch Café.

That's what I recall.  I do recall, I think, some beverages that were not free.

The Dutch Pea Soup and the Grilled Ham/Edam Cheese Sandwich were delicious!  The Dutch Apple Pie always looked good, but my tummy said "don't you dare, there is no room in the inn".

• Like 2

We were on the NS this past March.  We went to the GDC for a lite lunch one day.  We had the pea soup which was great and large chocolate deserts that were kind of like eclairs.  Forgot what they called those but they too were excellent.  We did order 2 dutch coffees and did have to pay for those. 

• Like 1

This ship is gorgeous! Colors, fabrics, everything!

Service is amazing! Staff is typically wonderful!

Dutch Cafe has some incredible offerings, and I’m told they are free, minus a few.

Retreat cabanas have become too crowded with 22 - it’s no longer peaceful - or a retreat from the chaos. Unfortunately, watched a couple have sex in the retreat hot tub yesterday - mid day - so we won’t be going in there this week. Horrifying to think someone would do that. Cabana Guys were too busy to notice.

the new bars are amazing... BB King is outrageously good!

Just arrived in Turks and Caicos and getting ready to head off the ship! Have a great day?

quick question:  Does anyone have the recipe for the Muesli in the MDR ? It’s to die for! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ASIWISH said:

Unfortunately, watched a couple have sex in the retreat hot tub yesterday - mid day - so we won’t be going in there this week. Horrifying to think someone would do that.

ewwww... why not tell guest services so they can clean/refill it? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ASIWISH said:

This ship is gorgeous! Colors, fabrics, everything!

Service is amazing! Staff is typically wonderful!

Dutch Cafe has some incredible offerings, and I’m told they are free, minus a few.

Retreat cabanas have become too crowded with 22 - it’s no longer peaceful - or a retreat from the chaos. Unfortunately, watched a couple have sex in the retreat hot tub yesterday - mid day - so we won’t be going in there this week. Horrifying to think someone would do that. Cabana Guys were too busy to notice.

the new bars are amazing... BB King is outrageously good!

Just arrived in Turks and Caicos and getting ready to head off the ship! Have a great day?

quick question:  Does anyone have the recipe for the Muesli in the MDR ? It’s to die for! 

We were in the Retreat last week and although every cabana was "occupied" for the week, the area was not busy at all.  The hot tub remained empty most of the time, which was great because I made great use of it!  I was really surprised how empty the whole area was, even on sea days.  Perhaps because it is Easter week, the demographic on this sailing is a bit different and hence why you are seeing some of the crowding and the.. umm... inappropriate behaviors! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1