TENS

lovetrauma

I shouldn’t think so. If in doubt, just carry some sort of documentation (from the manufacturer if you bought it yourself, or from your doctor or physio if it was prescribed) to explain what it is and why you have it, just on the off chance that you encounter someone who isn’t familiar with them. I don’t use TENS, but I have a spinal cord stimulator (and have to carry all the associated external charging and programming bits and pieces) and have never had anyone ask a question. Nor do I tend even to mention it... the only time I have done so is one occasion when I “went flat” and had to charge on a plane - and just let a cabin crew member know what I was doing, lest any fellow passengers get nervous about me attaching wires and a battery pack to myself mid flight. 

I don't see how it would be much different than a CPAP machine (as far as being allowed), but for sure contact your cruise line's special needs department to verify.    (If you email the special needs department, you will have their answer in writing.)

Here's a discussion from 2016 FYI:

Edited by kokopelli-az
addition of information

I have taken a TENS that is 9 volt battery powered and a TENS that is charged much like a cell phone on numerous cruises on RCCL, Carnival, and NCL without any issues. Both are roughly the size of a cell phone. The battery powered one has caused some concern going through airport security. I carry it in my bag for security rather than having it on and TSA saw the 9 volt. With just a small amount of extra screening, I was on my way. The one time I had the TENS pads on going through airport security after clearing customs, I got a good bit of extra attention that time.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:23 PM, lovetrauma said:

I have a portable TENS machine. Do you know if the Cruise Line would have a problem with me bringing it? 

I’ve taken one every cruise, never had an issue.