Vista review 4/7

JaiJae

Hello,

Just wanted to share my Carnival Vista experience. First off, it’s a big beautiful ship. So many things to see and do. We stayed in a Havana Cabana and loved it. Guys burgers were great as usual and the steakhouse was delicious. Matt the cd was awesome. We didn’t get to do the sky ride or sky course, the lines were always long. The ship seemed crowded on sea days but never a long wait for anything like food or drinks in my opinion. We planned to see a movie on board in the theatre but never got around to it due to so many other things to do. Never a dull moment. I will definitely cruise the Vista again. I will be happy to answer any questions and have included some pics. 

9CCD9880-0E70-4DDF-BBD0-7D80E1F9284C.jpeg

DB0C1DF3-69A9-49A0-A62A-860BCC820737.jpeg

32BFB12A-C08B-4949-8DC5-AA9F613B64CE.jpeg

0B6E5E23-73AD-4465-AB9D-26CEFE3534F1.jpeg

2ABA3249-688F-42B9-89FB-91DD9D691FF4.jpeg

43CCA073-BAF3-47A8-BD55-FC08128E0282.jpeg

Edited by JaiJae
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisnatca said:

We're sailing on the Vista in July.  I'm curious about the SkyRide wait times.  How long of a wait are we talking about?

In Jan, it was up to an hour usually.  They have a 30 min and 1 hour waiting point sign posted in line.  You can go just as it opens or prior for the shortest.  Closed toed shoes required.  Worth it at least once... 

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Short and sweet review! Glad you had a good time. 

What did you like about Havana? Thinking about doing one.

I liked the privacy and the exclusive access to the Havana area. Even though it was open to the public after 7pm, It was never crowded. Also the private patio was awesome...especially in the mornings. Didn’t see anyone walking by other than a few neighbors but we were on the end so that could’ve been the reason. The ocean plaza was located right next door and had breakfast available every morning so we never went to the lido deck for breakfast. 

2 hours ago, devinc said:

We were on in Jan and will be back next month.  Vista is great.  My question is, what your iten was and which night was the second elegant night? 

We did the 6 day cruise to costa maya, Belize and Cozumel...Sun-Sat. The elegant nights were Monday and Thursday. 

34 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

Thanks for the quick review.  Any thoughts on the Havana experience, was it worth it?

Yes it was very much worth it. One thing I did realize was that even though the Cabana patio was awesome, I would have been fine with a Havana interior cabin because of the private pool area. Never too crowded and very quiet. It was like having the whole area to yourself. If I knew this before,  I would have saved the extra $1000 or so. Just my opinion.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eccentricfang said:

Is the Ocean Plaza busy for breakfast? We are right above it and hope to go there instead of Lido.

We went to breakfast kinda early so it wasn’t busy at all. 

16 hours ago, JaiJae said:

Yes it was very much worth it. One thing I did realize was that even though the Cabana patio was awesome, I would have been fine with a Havana interior cabin because of the private pool area. Never too crowded and very quiet. It was like having the whole area to yourself. If I knew this before,  I would have saved the extra $1000 or so. Just my opinion.  

This cruise is a celebration so we kind of splurged, I might consider an inside in the future too.  A lot of people seem to have the same opinion.

48 minutes ago, Hipockets said:

What type of breakfast and coffee is server in the Ocean Plaza is there an omelet bar

Eggs toast bacon oatmeal croissants cereal coffee tea juice...no omelette bar. 

• 2 weeks later...