Drink packages

crui5eg1rl

Has anyone cruised with them lately with a drink package? I think the policy is ridiculous that all passengers traveling or dining together must have the SAME package.  We are traveling with 3 other families. Some of them may not want drink packages... then what?

While MSC does enforce everyone in the same cabin has to have the same drink package I have never seen the policy enforced when eating at a shared table with other cabins.  We sat at a table for six and had the Deluxe package, others couples at the table had the Drinks On Us package.  There were no problems especially since MSC set us up that way.  If you link your reservations online it might be more likely to get questioned, so it might be better to arrange the group table once on board.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, crui5eg1rl said:

Has anyone cruised with them lately with a drink package? I think the policy is ridiculous that all passengers traveling or dining together must have the SAME package.  We are traveling with 3 other families. Some of them may not want drink packages... then what?

The rule applies if you tell them to link the bookings or make it very obvious that you are travelling as a group and share a table I the MDR.

The rule is there for a good reason, namely :- misusing the package and "purchasing" drinks for those who don't have the package,,,,,, which undoubtedly happens. This would in turn mean increases of the price, for everyone, to cover the cost of the misappropriated drinks.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2019 at 6:14 AM, Skier52 said:

The rule applies if you tell them to link the bookings or make it very obvious that you are travelling as a group and share a table I the MDR.

I'm on the Seaside today. I had heard that this was the case, but I upgraded my package from YC to Premium + and they didn't require the another couple who is traveling with us to purchase the upgrade. And, our bookings are linked. Could be just a YC thing maybe.

Our family of 4 sailed on Divina in 2 separate Bella cabins this past February 2019. I upgraded my cabin from DoU to the "old" Classic package and my parents in the other cabin kept DoU and did not upgrade. I linked the reservations through my MSC account so that we would be seated together at dinner. My parents were never asked to upgrade their package at all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deanman02 said:

Is the requirement for everyone in a cabin to purchase a drink package only for alcohol?  Can only one person in the cabin purchase a nonalcohol  package or must both purchase it?

Not sure on that the wording says that all occupants must purchase the same package

Edited by ikea logistics

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, deanman02 said:

Is the requirement for everyone in a cabin to purchase a drink package only for alcohol?  Can only one person in the cabin purchase a nonalcohol  package or must both purchase it?

my understanding is that both must purchase it