Airport to Port travel

mistyb09

Hello everyone,

I have a flight that is set to arrive in FLL at 9:30am the day of sailing. I won't have any checked bags (hopefully) since I'm sending that with family who will be driving down. I was planning to uber to the port, but I was worried about the unnecessary waiting time that they will be sitting in traffic at the port. Am I being too much of a soft and just give a hefty tip for their long wait, wait around for a while before catching an uber in hopes to avoid some of the traffic, or should I just do a cab and forget it all? Thanks everyone.

Most likely the earlier you go over, the lighter traffic will be. If you wait to later morning or early afternoon, that is when everyone is arriving for their cruise...the lines will be longer.

If you feel the wait at security is long, no offense will be taken if you tip more. I am sure the driver will accept it gladly.

14 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Most likely the earlier you go over, the lighter traffic will be. If you wait to later morning or early afternoon, that is when everyone is arriving for their cruise...the lines will be longer.

If you feel the wait at security is long, no offense will be taken if you tip more. I am sure the driver will accept it gladly.

Plus, with Uber the billing is by credit card.  The driver can't be offended sense the driver won't know how much you tip until maybe 30 minutes after the trip.  We tipped $5 for the trip from the airport to the Embassy Suites.

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

What traffic are you talking about?  I have never really sat in traffic at the port.

We did have some fairly heavy traffic on out last cruise.   We booked a taxi from the Embassy Suites to the Holland terminal.  We did spend quite a few minutes idling in traffic.

8 minutes ago, BNBR said:

What traffic are you talking about?  I have never really sat in traffic at the port.

In the past, I've experienced quite a bit of traffic and long waits in lines at other ports, especially if I get there while the previous cruise members are still leaving the port. But those were at some of the smaller ports. 

30 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Thanks. I'll go with uber/lyft and just tip well if we do end up in a little bit of traffic. 

• 2 weeks later...